new football uniform cuts

lenardo

lately ive been thinking about making my own personal pro football league where the teams can choose who makes the unis like in college. then i thought, why not make my own cuts too? so i did starting with adidas. i will also be making a template for the techfit as well but for right now here is the first of my "dreamed up" cuts

adidasdreamtemp1.png

i will also be posting examples of use soon, C&C please

maehl.png

Pretty cool idea for a thread here, lenardo, I actually design my own uniform cuts as well.

As far as the concept goes, I love the collar and the way it 'squares out', sort of like basketball collars, which is a pretty cool aspect to introduce to football. The U shaped inserts can be tweaked. I'd probably drop the mesh 'armpits' and go with the regular fabric instead, just because it just seems inserted there. The upper back looks pretty sick, and it could make for some great Miami designs. But, with the introduction of a nameplate (like you said), it would probably cover up the design, so that would be something to think about. The pants look pretty decent, but not as creative as the unifroms. I'd probably go with the swooping inserts to go around the lower back/behind area. The little jagged piece on the end of the insert, near the knee, doesn't really make sense, considering all of these inserts are stitching that holds the pants together. Thus, I don't think the jagged piece is very logical, because when stretched, it would most likely rip.

All in all, this has a potential for a great thread. I'll be watching for updates, nice work.

Pretty cool idea for a thread here, lenardo, I actually design my own uniform cuts as well.

As far as the concept goes, I love the collar and the way it 'squares out', sort of like basketball collars, which is a pretty cool aspect to introduce to football. The U shaped inserts can be tweaked. I'd probably drop the mesh 'armpits' and go with the regular fabric instead, just because it just seems inserted there. The upper back looks pretty sick, and it could make for some great Miami designs. But, with the introduction of a nameplate (like you said), it would probably cover up the design, so that would be something to think about. The pants look pretty decent, but not as creative as the unifroms. I'd probably go with the swooping inserts to go around the lower back/behind area. The little jagged piece on the end of the insert, near the knee, doesn't really make sense, considering all of these inserts are stitching that holds the pants together. Thus, I don't think the jagged piece is very logical, because when stretched, it would most likely rip.

All in all, this has a potential for a great thread. I'll be watching for updates, nice work.

thank you for that input, it was very helpful. i dont know if this was exactly what you meant but here is what i got.

adidasdreamtemp1v2.png

more cuts will be made, they are just sketches right now

maehl.png

i think the stroke for the seams you are using is too think. Also the nameplate is tiny

i agree with you on both, i will try to make the nameplate area bigger and i will try to make the seams thinner. it is just the one thinner stroke down and further on look too thin to me but ill try it

maehl.png

i think the stroke for the seams you are using is too think. Also the nameplate is tiny

i agree with you on both, i will try to make the nameplate area bigger and i will try to make the seams thinner. it is just the one thinner stroke down and further on look too thin to me but ill try it

maehl.png

and here is a new under armour cut that took me quite a bit of time to actually get it to were i like it, but finally its finished but i still want input to make it better. this will be the starting cut for the first team of my league that ill try to get up today

UAdreamcuts1.png

maehl.png

Archived