My Utah Jazz Logo Concept....

Sean84106

Aight, this is my Utah Jazz logo concept. Nothing too special, but oh well. Anyway, I sorta mixed the two logos, while updating it just a bit. Instead of the J being a note, I changed it to a saxaphone and playing from the sax is the mountains.

I also combined the colors from the old logo and the newer one.

Alas, this is only my second logo ever - so yeah.

utjazz1.gif

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

Well, I think that their new logo that they should adopt should have a different feel than the two concepts blended together. It was a good experiment though, cause I think the Saxophone as the J is a great idea, but I can't imagine it on a basketball jersey unless it's a bit simplified.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it works. Especially the sax, good idea, but I don't see it on a jersey...

Personally, I really like the Jazz' current logo. Most people hate it because of the whole "when I hear "Jazz" I don't think of mountains" thing... but no matter what the logo looks like, it doesn't really matter because the Jazz name originated in New Orleans... so naturally, any idea that gets put into place for a Utah Jazz logo won't make much sense since they have no buisness using the Jazz name in Utah. The Jazz' current logo gives you a feel of Utah, and just kinda makes due with the Jazz name... making Utah more of the focus with the mountains and then just kinda using the Jazz name on it.

Your idea might work though, as a secondary logo - something to use as a patch on their shorts or something (like the Knicks subway token logo, or the Lakers' "L" over the ball. I can see your idea being altered to fit that in some fashion, perhaps as a tribute to the New Orleans days or something.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived