WHA Redesign

razr32154

What part of the globe is that? I think since the team is based in Texas, Texas should be on the globe, unless Im just not seeing it right. If you really want to keep that toothpast green, you could just as long as that green and gray never touch on the logos or jerseys. they are too similar in color to touch. I would also consider making the shpace shuttle bigger. not huge, but more than just 3% of the primary. I do like the idea of using the globe.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys, I completely forgot about this series I had started, and with the Jets coming back that sparked my memory to get this going again.

ottawa-1.png

The national's logo has minimal changes to it from the previous one, but the biggest difference you'll notice is the word mark. I'm not completely sold on this logo, as I think it has a long way to go in order to look good.

The secondary is an update of the national's original logo, using the same font as the Wordmark.

Now onto the unis.

homeottawa.png

The home uniform features the lumberjack face from the primary in a circle with the text Ottawa Nationals Hockey Club wrapped around it. It has the secondary as the shoulder logo.

ottawaaway.png

The away is basically just a white colorization of the home uni.

thirdottawa.png

Now, the third is my favorite out of these three. I wanted to make sort of a "Canada Day" jersey, similar to how to Nat's have their DC uni's with the american flag. So, the jersey features the secondary logo, in just red and white, with piping going down both arms. The shoulder logos are just white maple leafs. Also, Sorry About the back of the collar, missed that, I'll get it fixed soon

I'm considering scrapping the home and away, using the third and a white version of the third for them, and a revised version of the home as third, but lemme know what you guys think!

Hopefully I'll remember to keep this going this time!

Watched some tape of the 1st game in the WHA in 1972...Ottawa vs. Edmonton. Was surprised to see Ottawa had some navy blue in their uniforms. Myabe sub in the blue for the green? Or use some blue on the throwback 3rds?

ok guys, here are the updates. There are some pretty big changes going on. The biggest is the color scheme. Instead of the navy, toothpaste/sea-foam green, and grey, it is now the suggested navy, mildly burnt orange, and white. I think it makes the set look better. There are some updates to the jersey and logos too. On the home and road, it has the updated primary and a new shoulder logo too. On the primary, the changes are, the new colors, and the shuttle is a tad larger, and a bit lower to make it look like it was flying across the earth, which was mentioned as well. The shoulder logo is the Texas flag in the shape of the old aeros' logo. On the third, the only difference is that the updated primary is now the shoulder logo.

and @jaha i guess its the center of the globe, since the Atlantic is is the center. Texas is right above where the shuttle leaves the earth part of the logo.

fire away!

thanks for the c&c!

here are the updates:

new home // new road // new alt // primary up close // shoulder logo up close

Ok guys, here's team #4 the Minneapolis Fighting Saints.

The primary is an update of their original logo because it was awesome originally and, I felt all this set needed was an update. Saints word mark is custom made based off of the original alternate "S" logo, which is now the home road shoulder logo. The third jersey crest is a pair of boxing gloves, with a hidden m in the left glove, tied up with a halo over it. The shoulder logo is the head of the angel. The logo sheet's all I have right now, as I'm tweaking the jerseys. The home jersey is yellow with phantom shoulder yokes, with a white and blue piping. It uses the saints original alt. logo, which is also the "S" in the word mark. The away uniform is just a white colorization of the home uniform. I should have the third uni up pretty quickly

C&C as always

mfs-logo-sheet.png

saintslogos.png

saintsaway.png

saintsthird.png

The Saints look pretty awesome, one thing- how about trying some stripes on the bottom or including the word mark because it almost seems like there is too much empty space.

Kind of what I was thinking...

Especially to counteract the piping (Which I am not a fan of)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived