WHA Redesign

razr32154

I like the idea for the Ottawa logo, but the hat kind of gets lost in the shadows. It's somewhat hard to tell what it's meant to be exactly.

Back on the Blades (if I could for a minute), I think the razor/serated edges need to be eliminated. Besides, is there were serated edges to those swords, it looks to me that they would be on the other side of the blade. You have them on the top of the blade which wouldn't be sharpened.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to the blades, when I was doing the blades logo I had stumbled upon the image I used as my source and it happened to have the serrated edges and I liked it becUse of the uniqueness, and I felt that the uniqueness would make the logo stand out more so than if it was a typical blade, but I can see why you would get rid of them. And I'm not really sure if they are on the right side or not, it was just on that side on the source so I kept it that way.

And for Ottawa, I see how it can get lost easily so, I'll take a look at that.

Anymore c&c?

Okay, with the updates that you recently did you want to make sure that you match the jersey template with the model. On the throwback white jerseys, the model has three red stripes down by his waist, but none on the jersey template itself. Personally, I don't mind the jerseys, but I've always preferred colored shoulder bars compared to the way the Kings have designed their away jersey now. Whether or not you choose to add a bit more color to the white jerseys by coloring the shoulder bar that's up to you. Truthfully, that's more a personal preference. The only other thing I can critique is that the chest trim doesn't wrap all the way around and it appears unfinished because of it.

Okay, with the updates that you recently did you want to make sure that you match the jersey template with the model. On the throwback white jerseys, the model has three red stripes down by his waist, but none on the jersey template itself. Personally, I don't mind the jerseys, but I've always preferred colored shoulder bars compared to the way the Kings have designed their away jersey now. Whether or not you choose to add a bit more color to the white jerseys by coloring the shoulder bar that's up to you. Truthfully, that's more a personal preference. The only other thing I can critique is that the chest trim doesn't wrap all the way around and it appears unfinished because of it.

Woops, lol. Thanks for catching that. I must've uploaded the wrong one, but here's the right version. And if you're talking about the white throwback, I had thought about adding some more color to it, as it is kind of bland, but I wanted to keep it consistent with the red version. And if you were talking about the away jersey, I tried to keep them consistent with the home as well.

I should have the next team up soon.

Keep the c&c Coming

Thanks!

To be honest the red and white jerseys look better than the home and road jerseys. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I'm still contemplating making them the primary uni's and making the home the alt, but I'll re-visit it.

As for the next team, sorry about the delay. I was planning to upload a the identity I was working on, but didn't get it finished, then I left town. Over my vacation, I decided to scrap the logos, and moved onto a different team.

houston-aeros.png

Here's team #3 on the new presentation. I really liked CJWorks's new presentation, and I felt that I could tweak it to work really well as a logo sheet for my hockey concepts. If you see this CJ, let me know if you want me to change it.

Onto the concept. As you see, I kept blue as part of the Aeros' identity, but I switched out a lighter blue for a sea-foam-ish green to give it an outer space feel and added silver into the color palette. The primary was influenced greatly by dgnmrwrw's Winnipeg Jets identity. I hope its not too similar, let me know what you guys think. But in the primary, its a space shuttle flying out and around a stylized globe. The wordmark is in dark blue, with green shadowing. As you see, the home jersey is navy and has green arms, with blue opening for the numbers. There is a thick green stripe towards the bottom of the jersey, and as well on the socks. On the logo sheet, you see the shoulder logo is a tribute the the Aeros' original logo, utilizing the new wordmark. The only difference between the two is the elimination of the player in the original logo. The away jersey is a basically just a white colorization of the home jersey, featuring blue on the arms, and in the striping.

The third jersey is green, and uses a winged logo, inspired by a NASA logo, of the space shuttle in the primary, flying past the moon. The shoulder logo is based off of the remembrance patch for the Challenger mission, and it has the names of those killed on the mission. The one difference is the elimination of the shuttle from the logo, instead its just the american flag, in the team colors. After that, I don't know what it looks like, as I'm still working on it.

Lemme know what you guys think

aeroshome.png

aerosaway-1.png

Yeah, I'm not sold on the green, because the Aeros had a wonderful color combination going to begin with, so even using sage doesn't seem like it would be a tremendous improvement, only a partial one. I prefer to be the green switched out for a light/powder blue. The logos are great, and I like how the primary crest appears to have the space shuttle blasting off from Houston, instead of a generic location on the Earth.

well I would've used the double blue, but I had already used that with the blades so I felt that blue and a space-age green would work. But, it sounds like you guys may want to put some sunglasses on before you take a look at the third. This third would be worn on glow out nights, when the fans wear their green shirts with the 3rd jersey crest on them as apart of the pre game festivities.

here it is:

aerosthird.png

Y'know, to be honest, I actually really like the green for Houston. It has a really cool glow-in-the-dark look to it. It would really stand out in the league, and especially where the Blades have taken up the double-blue, it was a great idea to try something new with Houston.

Great work so far on each of your concepts, the Ottawa third is a huge standout for me! Really great stuff!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I do like the theme of the logo, but I would make the space shuttle far bigger and partially covering the Earth. It would make it more like a mission patch that every space mission gets.

NASA Mission Patches

I'd make that logo the secondary one and put it on the uniform shoulders with the current 3rd "Wings" logo as the primary with the "AEROS" wordmark added below to make it look fuller on the jersey front. I would also change the wordmark font to Nasalization font aka "Snake font".

I don't really care for the current secondary patches firstly because I don't like wordmarks as shoulder patches, as I feel words are too small on such an area and the other one bugs me mainly because I don't like seeing countries' flags in the wrong colors. bear in mind Calgary has their shoulder flags in the proper colors even though it doesn't match the team identity so having the flag in red/white/blue wouldn't be out of place. Also might you consider a patch for Shuttle Columbia as they died near Houston.

As for the colors, The "seafoam green" only works well on the planet part of the logo, and I find the "deep space navy" works best as a trim color. I would make a radical alteration. I would change it to Burnt Orange with navy trim. These are colors similar to that of the launch suits (ACES) the astronauts wear now.

ACES Suit

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I agree. Take the space shuttle/contrail part, make it bigger, and place it across the Earth, using the Earth as a sort of background shield. I think the hue of green and the shade of blue are both just fine, if you replaced the silver with white. Blue and green aren't that far apart on the color wheel, and adding another middling color in silver prevents any of the three colors from popping. I think it may be as simple as dropping silver and adding white.

That said, I agree with what someone said above, and you may want to take a shot at doing a navy/burnt orange/NASA red, just to see how it looks.

Overall--the logos look high on most of these unis.

More specific--the redone Ottawa jerseys are so much better--no piping, and no jarring colours for no apparent reason--(Wait, that was the original WHA's uni motto-"Jarring colours for no apparent reason" so maybe those first Ottawa ones would work better.

Waiting to see the rest.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived