2011 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Gary

I have the first pick in my keeper league. But don't know who to take. I am in need of a Starting Pitcher, 1st Baseman and a Shortstop. My question is, who to take?

Victor Martinez(C, DET) - I'm not too sure about this as I have Carlos Santana as one of my keepers. He is touted to become a stud in the fantasy world

Mark Teixeira(1B, NYY)

Buster Posey(C, SF)-See Above

Ryan Zimmerman(3B, WAS)- I already have Mark Reynolds, but could Reynolds be a dominate crusher?

Alex Rodriguez(3B, NYY)- See Above

Josh Hamilton(OF, TEX)- I have Curtis Granderson, Justin Upton and Carlos Quintin.

Adrian Gonzalez(1B, BOS)

Adam Wainwright(SP, STL)

Ryan Howard(1B, PHI)

Are those the guys you expect to be the best available? Based on your needs, who's listed and assuming it's a standard league, I'd go with Adrian Gonzalez or Adam Wainwright. I expect 1B to be fairly deep this year, especially when you consider the guys who will be playing another position but will still have 1B eligibility (like a Buster Posey), so you might be able to wait awhile to get a guy like Adam Dunn (who will DH in Chicago, but probably have 1B eligibility) later, but you can probably play FLEX/Utility guys, right?

Based on projections and rankings, Gonzalez should be the guy. But if you're super weak at SP, consider Wainwright.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay, what I was originally looking for was a top notch 1B to help with my lineup, only problem with Dunn is he is already kept by another team. But I have narrowed it down to Teixeira, Gonzalez and Posey. But i'm still not sure who to take in the long run

I got a major fantasy question as well. I'm in a keeper league on ESPN with a few buddies. The team that I inherited only had like 4 players when I got it last year. So I was absolute garbage. Currently in the draft I have 3rd pick, and will probably take a pitcher. I am incredibly weak at SP as I only have Dan Haren, Tommy Hunter, and Scott Baker on my roster. I also have some young talent (Jay Bruce, Neil Walker, Andrew Bailey), and in a I just got offered this trade:

I get:

Starlin Castro (chc)

Matt Kemp(lad)

Ricky Romero (tor)

4th round pick

I give:

Dan Haren (laa)

2nd round pick

Would you guys do this?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived