Tampa Bay Lightning

habsfan1

Before talking about my concept, here's the descriptive quote on the new uniforms once again...

As for the new 2011-12 uniforms, I know we've had way too much discussion about them but wanted to clarify the design. I was a touch off in my previous description. So, for the record, the Lightning bolt logo WILL have a circular background around it. Everything else was accurate.

For what it's worth, that aspect of the design, apparently, was one of the aspects debated the most, and the organization went back-and-forth until finally deciding to go with it.

So, one more time, just to bring it all together:

The organization's primary colors will be blue and white. The dark home jersey will have the lightning bolt logo, though the words "Tampa Bay" will be removed. The road white jersey will include "Tampa Bay" with lettering either very close or exactly like that currently in use. There will be ties at the front of the collars.

The news conference for the rollout of the uniforms was postponed Monday because of the deaths of two St. Petersburg police officers. No immediate word on when that will be rescheduled, though not likely until after the All-Star break.

Anyway, sorry for the original confusion. Now, we can move on.

Lightning.png

The only thing worth mentionning is that as long as they don't say that black is officially terminated, there can still be black on the jerseys, on the logos, on the numbers, and on anything else that would please me to color in black. Just in lesser quantities. My concept is still accurate to the description and this is what it may really look like. Even the victory stripes are preserved.

^^ Scroll up to the first page to see the updated road jersey.

Now both jerseys feature the same crest, only the road text is different. I did this because I think this is what they meant in their description.

I tried very hard not to rip off the Leafs. Removing the silver is impossible without being indecent. I hope the team releases something that ain't so bad.

Lightning2.png

I would hope so too, and I know you did the best you could with removing the black. But if it's something like this, then they're bland as hell. By the way, doesn't it seem odd they're unveiling this jersey right in the middle of the season?

I would hope so too, and I know you did the best you could with removing the black. But if it's something like this, then they're bland as hell. By the way, doesn't it seem odd they're unveiling this jersey right in the middle of the season?

Jersey sales must be in the tank. Current jerseys are unbelievably bland, especially for fans who just want to purchase a blank one.

Who knows? Maybe once people see the real thing, the negativity will slow down. But right now, there isn't much enthusiasm going around. Maybe, it will be the Buffaslug all over again!

Jersey sales must be in the tank. Current jerseys are unbelievably bland, especially for fans who just want to purchase a blank one.

Who knows? Maybe once people see the real thing, the negativity will slow down. But right now, there isn't much enthusiasm going around. Maybe, it will be the Buffaslug all over again!

Yeah, that's probably the reason. More or less disposable income for most people. I love hockey jerseys... yes, I love the Buffaslug (including jerseys) too. I guess my biggest complaint is the cost and the lack of quality deals at good sites. I'd want to get a Bruins home/away, and perhaps a Stars away jerseys... but Christ, it's not cheap.

Coming from a person who went crazy with the Create-A-Team feature in Madden and could think up 32 different color combinations and designs, it's clearly not a good thing that it seems like one-third of the league is going to be dressed in Blue and White.

Archived