Super Bowl XLVI (with Lucas Oil Stadium)

zinman11121

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't it say "Middle Indiana" as the host? Surely Indy can't do it all by itself when Miami and Dallas need all of South Florida and North Texas to host theirs? :)

Dallas didn't really need the entire Metroplex.... well, it wouldn't if the stadium was actually IN Dallas. But it's not even on Dallas' side of the Metroplex. Plus it was a joint comittee. So yeah, Dallas did kinda need all of North Texas to host.

And going back to the logo.... IT SUCKS. PERIOD.

The Super Bowl should NOT have a system. It's boring. It's the main thing outside the game itself that I look most forward to. And now the new age NFL has killed that (...for now).

As I've mentioned before, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether the Super Bowl "logo system" wasn't secretly intended to account for a possible season- (and Super Bowl-) killing lockout. By using a cookie-cutter logo design the NFL has made it conveniently easy to reuse the same base logo for Super Bowl XLVI for the New Orleans SB, if the Indy SB gets wiped out. All they'd have to do is swap the Superdome for LOS in the "local" variant, and change the location subtitle at the bottom.

I guess we'll find out after the labor dispute is finally resolved, whenever that may be and whatever form it takes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodell quietly remove the Super Bowl logo from the NFL's so-called "logo system" at some point after the lockout is over, no doubt citing negative reaction from fans as the "real" reason for doing so.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived