Super Bowl XLVI (with Lucas Oil Stadium)

zinman11121

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would actually enjoy these if the Lombardi Trophy was beside the numerals and stadium. I'd love to see each stadium mocked up in this style, actually the embroidery/painted/gradientless logos are quite nice.

SuperBowlXLV_logo_3_variations.jpg

wow the new one looks great. Oh wait...thats the old one! Wow the new one sucks

Naw, those are just mockups for the NFL's review. I don't think they ever intended them to go public.

It also looks like if they want to make NY's logo unique, notice how it's missing there.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

i still say we start a petition to the nfl.....

Dude you should totally do that! Once they see how cheesed off some logo freaks on a message board are they'll certainly change their branding strategy.

You should start a Facebook group too!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm all up for keeping the logos somewhat similar in style, but this is so lazy it's ridiculous. I'm not talking about something that's completely unique every year, but at least do it the way the Final Four does it and incorporate something that's native to the region in the logo.

Sweet :censored: Christ, I'm convinced his name isn't Roger Goddell, but Goddell of Borg.

I prefer the theme based logos first, last, and everything. I'm starting to get bored by it, you can see it on the stadium banners during the big game and merchandise, I would love to see a theme logo for the game in Indianapolis like paying homage to the Indy 500 with street markers tire marks, and hardwood designs to honor the rich history of basketball in the state of Indiana. but this stuff the National Football League is putting out is putrid, I wasn't even excited about the swag they had for XLV and the logo on the 25's were blunt and sterile on television and camera (thank god the Steelers and Pack were there to brighten it up a little bit). the logo system is fine for the NHL and NBA (maybe the world series) but the Super Bowl is a annual one game extravaganza so the host city should come up with a logo that exemplifies the theme of the host city, the magnitude of the game and the red an blue stars.

Maybe we need a petition and protest but that may not work

I have no problems with the NFL Playoffs and Conference Championship logos

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Shouldn't it say "Middle Indiana" as the host? Surely Indy can't do it all by itself when Miami and Dallas need all of South Florida and North Texas to host theirs? :)

Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium is not in Miami, and Cowboys Stadium is not in Dallas, which is why the Super Bowl logos can not say 'Miami' and 'Dallas' anymore. Lucas Oil Stadium is in Indianapolis, and the Superdome is in New Orleans, so those are good to go. Not sure what they will do for the next Arizona game, since the stadium is not in Phoenix. 'Arizona' or 'Glendale' are the only options. Maybe 'Central Arizona?'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like how everyone is mad at Roger Goodell because of a logo. :blink:

Go ahead and petition and protest, at the end of the day it won't work and you'll look like a moron. It's just a logo, and not even a bad one. I swear you dudes get so bent out of shape about this stuff sometimes it's unreal.

bSLCtu2.png

Shouldn't it say "Middle Indiana" as the host? Surely Indy can't do it all by itself when Miami and Dallas need all of South Florida and North Texas to host theirs? :)

Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium is not in Miami, and Cowboys Stadium is not in Dallas, which is why the Super Bowl logos can not say 'Miami' and 'Dallas' anymore. Lucas Oil Stadium is in Indianapolis, and the Superdome is in New Orleans, so those are good to go. Not sure what they will do for the next Arizona game, since the stadium is not in Phoenix. 'Arizona' or 'Glendale' are the only options. Maybe 'Central Arizona?'

Details. :) I know the logic, but I'm not sure how it applies when the teams that reside in those stadiums are okay to go by the "main" city's name. (Not to start that debate here -- it was just a joke.)

That said, who here thinks the 2012 Super Bowl will be labeled "New Jersey" for accuracy's sake? If what you say is true about Dallas and Miami, they "have" to.

That said, who here thinks the 2012 Super Bowl will be labeled "New Jersey" for accuracy's sake? If what you say is true about Dallas and Miami, they "have" to.

No, they've already told us it will be "New York/New Jersey". A bone to placate the suburban inferiority complex.

It also looks like if they want to make NY's logo unique, notice how it's missing there.

So why do you think they excluded Indy's logo?

More likely the point of that graphic was to show what the logo will look like with varied sets of roman numerals underneath it. One has three numerals, one has four and the final one has five.

Archived