Tottenham's new kits to possibly include new technology

nitroseed

From The Telegraph.

Tottenham Hotspur's new shirts could show how tired players are

Tottenham Hotspur shirts could contain a ?computer? that relays players? biometric signals such as heart rate and temperature to coaching staff and even broadcasters from the start of the 2012-13 season.

Last week, the club signed a five-year kit deal with American sports clothing manufacturer Under Armour, and the company has confirmed that it is planning to include its ?E39? technology in the shirts.

It is comprised of sensors that send second-by-second updates on everything from a player?s heart rate to core body temperature, breathing rate and acceleration.

Smartphones and laptops receive the data so that coaching staff can monitor players? fitness and performance during training and matches.

The Baltimore-based company, which is understood to have signed a deal with Tottenham Hotspur worth £10 million a season, also wants to share the information with broadcasters. That would give fans unprecedented access to players? athletic performance and even state of mind during key moments in a match.

Mark Dowley, Under Armour?s executive vice president, said: ?We can metrically tell you what is happening to the body of somebody kicking a penalty in front of 60,000 people."

It is comprised of sensors that send second-by-second updates on everything from a player?s heart rate to core body temperature, breathing rate and acceleration.

I can't imagine this technology to be anywhere as useful or effective as they're making it out to be.

I can't imagine this technology to be anywhere as useful or effective as they're making it out to be.

well, i think it can easily do all the things things they say it can do. i just dont think its going to tell anybody much they wouldnt assume already. players heart rates go up for penalties. what i dont understand is how giving this info to broadcasters helps spurs rather than the opposition. i can only see that it could give away info that particular players are tired and so should be targeted.

John Brenkus is gon' LOVE this here.

(By the way, who wants to place wagers on the amount of time it takes The Swoosh? to try to one-up Click-Clack on this here technology?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived