Job Postings

chickenfish13

Hey Guys,

So recently I've begun thinking about Freelance Sports Design as a career again, and was wondering if there are any sites around that may have job postings for something that would suit me? I know I still have a lot to learn, and I realize at 15 there probably won't be a whole lot out there for anyone my age, and most will need you to have gone through schooling. I've seen sites like Brand New that have postings, but almost all are for Senior, more qualified designers, which of course I understand. I know the best thing I can do is just build my portfolio and hope for someone to see it, but I'm just curious if sites like I'm asking about do exist. I've also come across sites such as designcontest.net and 99designs, but nothing there involves sport. I also realize most sports teams aren't going to go online looking for a designer, but I figured maybe some Junior/lesser teams may.

Again, I'm not really getting my hopes up for this, just curious and I figured if anyone, you guys would know.

Thanks,

C-Fish

And if you're looking for jobs within sports, look at teamworkonline.com.

MOST leagues and their teams use that. Design jobs pop up here and there, internships and otherwise. Now it's fairly unlikely you'd be qualified for the openings at this point, but you might come across something or find an opportunity to make a connection

And if you're looking for jobs within sports, look at teamworkonline.com.

MOST leagues and their teams use that. Design jobs pop up here and there, internships and otherwise. Now it's fairly unlikely you'd be qualified for the openings at this point, but you might come across something or find an opportunity to make a connection

Yeah, definitely understand that. Thanks for the link!

Came across this UnderArmour position today...have a feeling it'd be a dream job for just about everyone on here:

We are building the Biggest, Baddest, Brand on the PLANET. As our Creative Director, Team Sports, you will drive all creative direction for team uniforms and apparel on and off the field. Inspire and lead your design team to drive innovation with all team sport categories and deliver superior performance products to the marketplace. You will lead the design team by providing key concepts and critical evaluation of projects to ensure the creative vision meets all strategic and business goals. We need a creative driver with a love for sports and an eye for form and function; an innovative thinker that?s eager to change the game and set new trends on the field of play.

Wondering if my 7+ years on this board count as related experience.

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm/Communications?supcat=214

The Anaheim Ducks need a "Junior Graphic Designer"

Thought I'd throw that out there for you California based concept artists.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

for anyone interested in internships, definetely keep up with Teamwork Online. just follow them on twitter, all their postings go there. most NFL team hire seasonal design interns

for freelance work its a journey of 1,000 miles. theres plenty of boards out there that post freelance jobs (id recommend not going to 99designs).

most important thing is setting up your portfolio weather with DAportfolio, Behance, Coroflot, or even better your own site. then its about making contacts and promoting yourself. my biggest client didnt contact me, i went to them offered my services and luckily they were looking for a designer at that time. been working with them for over a year now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived