Another year, another team, another pink alt

Viper

Last year, for one game, the NLL Minnesota Swarm traded their usual blue and gold color scheme for black and pink, as part of their annual breast cancer awareness night. Well, they're at it again this coming weekend, but this time they're using pink as the primary jersey color instead of black. Pictures of both the black and pink jerseys here.

The Swarm's normal home jerseys are white (the NLL switches between white and color jerseys for the home team every two seasons), which is presumably why this year's cancer jerseys are pink instead of black. (Their opponent this weekend, the Philadelphia Wings, wears black away jerseys.) To me this year's jersey would have looked a lot better as just a straight conversion of their home whites (i.e. white body, pink/black logo and stripes, black letters/numbers). Hopefully that's what they'll do next year.

CCSLC signature.png

Not to turn this into a whole thing. But I was thinking.

A majority of sports fans (I'm assuming) are men. Why hasn't (or has) there been a big prostate awareness campaign in either professional or collegiate sports?

My guess...most sports fans are men. Most of the attendees at sporting events are men.

Breast cancer awareness isn't necessarily geared towards women. It's the teams' or sports' ways of saying "hey, we care about women too!". Maybe by supporting womens' causes, women won't be as concerned about their men spending all their times at the games.

Baseball does have a bit of a prostate awareness thing...on Father's Day the umpires and players wear light blue wristbands, and the league has commercials for One-A-Day Men's Health vitamins.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A majority of sports fans (I'm assuming) are men. Why hasn't (or has) there been a big prostate awareness campaign in either professional or collegiate sports?

Baseball does have a bit of a prostate awareness thing...on Father's Day the umpires and players wear light blue wristbands, and the league has commercials for One-A-Day Men's Health vitamins.

Thats what I was about to point out

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090616&content_id=5354110&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2043050vl19qK6.gif

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090616&content_id=5354110&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

And hockey itself has a whole month to recognize ALL cancers and was ahead of the game long before this current fad. Hockey has been doing Hockey Fights Cancer for about 10 years now.

And hockey itself has a whole month to recognize ALL cancers and was ahead of the game long before this current fad. Hockey has been doing Hockey Fights Cancer for about 10 years now.

At least, they started with John Cullen and Paul Stewart if I'm correct.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!! I have been saying this for five :cursing: years! I am so glad someone else thought it and said it!

For the same reasons there is no National Association for the Advancement of Caucasion People, a National Organization of Men, scholarships for white boys or a Straight Pride parade.

Women and minorities get priority.

Now, I fully support finding a cure for this horrible disease, I've known women close to me who have had it, but anyone can admit that when it comes to "causes", white men get the shaft. We don't complain because we're not whiners, but that's just the direction society has headed.

87Redskins.png

Archived