Bruins and Celtics logos behind the plate at Fenway

Anubis2051

... It would be weird though if say, the White Sox hung a "Good Luck Cubs" banner outside US Cellular.

Well, there was this: 58568459_867d93e951.jpg

And the Blackhawks paid to promote themselves heavily at Wrigley and the Cell in 2008, and attendance skyrocketed from 16,000/game (announced) to sellouts of 20,000+. That was also partly due to the fact that ex-Cubs marketers McDonough and Blunk took over, but they had more to sell than just a ballpark. They had a team on the rise and a Winter Classic, but the attendance shift from city afterthought to hottest ticket in town in one offseason still amazes me. Before they'd even won anything. Of course it all led to this bit of city unity: chi_a_stanleycup_wrigley2_300.jpg

Best examples I could think of, though not entirely the same. Also, the Bears and Blackhawks supposedly shot some commercials together, but the NFL nixed it.

Best examples I could think of, though not entirely the same. Also, the Bears and Blackhawks supposedly shot some commercials together, but the NFL nixed it.

The Leafs and Raptors did something similar in the late 90's, after MLSE purchased the Raps.

For one example:

The NFL doesn't allow their teams to cross-promote with other teams in town. How benevolent of them to prevent the Blackhawks from sullying their image by associating themselves with the Bears.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived