Nike pro combat jerseys...

JJSCOTT

nike made most of the basketball teams in the new cut, this past season

Yes, but the new basketball uniforms are the Hyper Elites. Pro Combat is football.

This is a good opportunity to clarify something.

"Pro Combat" is actually a system of dress, or so Nike calls it...those Nike Elite/HyperElites (SoD) are also, in essence, a version of the same. If you look at Nike's website, the actual "pro combat" stuff consists primarily of the base layer padding (the hexagonal-looking stuff--see here for the basketball version). I don't recall Nike having given a catchy name to it's football Pro Combat SoD, other than the specialty one-off "Rivalry" sets, though. Either way, it's composed the same way the basketball version is--special-designed base layers, over which the shorts/pants/jerseys go. For what it's worth, there's a baseball version of this stuff as well, as seen here and here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yes, but the new basketball uniforms are the Hyper Elites. Pro Combat is football.

"Pro Combat" is actually a system of dress, or so Nike calls it...those Nike Elite/HyperElites (SoD) are also, in essence, a version of the same. If you look at Nike's website, the actual "pro combat" stuff consists primarily of the base layer padding (the hexagonal-looking stuff--see here for the basketball version). I don't recall Nike having given a catchy name to it's football Pro Combat SoD, other than the specialty one-off "Rivalry" sets, though. Either way, it's composed the same way the basketball version is--special-designed base layers, over which the shorts/pants/jerseys go. For what it's worth, there's a baseball version of this stuff as well, as seen here and here.

i knew that the basketball wasnt called "pro combat", but i was just saying that theyre using the new "cut"

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, I know, it's just easier to lump everything together and call it the Hyper Elite or Pro Combat.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I do wonder, though, unless I missed something, why Nike has yet to title the football version with some snazzy name a la HyperElite or whatever. It ain't like them to overlook something like that, normally.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Clemson still wears Pro combat pants, the side insert just goes all the way up the leg. Oregon, Clemson, Washington State and Arizona State will be in them full time, it looks like, and I would bet the other schools who wore new uniforms for their bowl games last season are using those this season, i.e. Boise State, Florida and TCU. I think there's a few other teams that wear them full time as well, but I'm not positive.

TCU had pro combats all last season (based on their rivalry template from '09). They also got new pro combat (not rivalry) uniforms for 2011. They will not be wearing the bowl uniform, but I think Boise, Florida and Oregon will.

6409969.jpeg

Archived