illwauk's National League

illwauk

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Brewers entire set, I'd buy all of them in a heartbeat. The Pirates set looks good and the alternates are nice to put some variety into their entire set (specifically I like the sleeve logos you gave them to keep their look from being bland). However, I'm not sold on the Reds' uniforms, they're not bad, but I feel a triple stripe pattern on the sleeves and pants would work on the home and away uniforms, red/gray/red and red/white/red respectively.

Philadelphia Phillies

Home / Road / Home Alt / Road Alt

For my next concept, I'm staying in the Keystone State. One their own, the Phillies have some of the nicest unis in baseball. But from a historical perspective, I feel a couple things are wrong. For one, the Phillies have never, in their 128-year history, had a jersey that said "Philadelphia." The other is that when they went to their 1950s inspired unis in the early 90s, they essentially retconned their maroon/powder blue era out of their history, which I feel is one of the most important eras of their history. I wanted to give them a set of alts that still fit in with their current iedentity, but look enough like their powder blue and maroon sets that they at least look like the same team from back then.

After realizing how much I really don't like the unused Philadelphia script that's based on their current one (Philadelphia is way too long of a word to not have some kind of arch), I created a block version using their famous proprietary font which I didn't care for at first, but seemed to grow on me as I got closer to finishing the concept. I'm more sure about the red road alt than the powder blue home alt, but figured I'd post the latter anyway since I'd already created it and it never hurts to get some C&C.

One one change I would make with Philly would be to either stick to the sleeve numbers or the logo. The home has the numbers, the road has both, and the alts just have the logo. I would pick one or the other and stay consistent with it throughout the set.

Other than that, I like the road script, and the alts look solid. Although I hate to see that great Phillies script used on only one jersey!

Archived