Toronto Raptors Redesign

Colossal Caniac

I was thinking about NBA teams that could use a total redesign of their jerseys, and the Raptors came to mind. I actually like their current logo, and the font is pretty cool. Anyway, I returned the team's primary color to purple (but a darker, more majestic shade), and I changed the complementary color from black to champagne. I've paid homage to several Raptors jerseys of the past, most noticeably with the nameplates, pinstripes, and original word mark on the alternate shorts. I obviously didn't put the raptor logo on the jerseys because that would be pretty cluttered, so I used 2 alternates: the circular claw logo, and a maple leaf. I actually spent a lot of time debating whether the waistband should be gold or purple on the home uni, and eventually settled on purple for the sake of contrast.

home.jpgaway.jpgalt.jpg

Anyway, hope you guys like it. Feedback is appreciated.

Sorry, but I don't get this color scheme, and it looks bland. I think the Raps' color scheme is perfect the way it is. There's no reason for them to return to purple - it's not the '90's anymore and they are now the "Canada's team." They did right by embracing red.

The other slight problem I see with these is the numbers "in" the claws - what would you do for single-digit numbers?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I think if you're going to use purple, then you should pry just go back to the purple/red/black look they had a few years ago. Those were their best unis IMO. I guess it doesn't look bad on the uniforms, but the logo just looks extremely washed out. Too many pale looking colors it seems.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Sorry, but I don't get this color scheme, and it looks bland. I think the Raps' color scheme is perfect the way it is. There's no reason for them to return to purple - it's not the '90's anymore and they are now the "Canada's team." They did right by embracing red.

The other slight problem I see with these is the numbers "in" the claws - what would you do for single-digit numbers?

01, 02, etc.

01, 02, etc.

Oh, ok. I suppose that could work, but I still think it would look odd. Bargnani wears "7", not "07". And "0" and "00" are considered different numbers - in the event that you have players on the team wearing 0 and 00, this might not work. Sorry if I'm nitpicking, and I do give you creativity points for doing the numbers-in-claw thing, but I feel like there are some minor problems with it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

01, 02, etc.

Oh, ok. I suppose that could work, but I still think it would look odd. Bargnani wears "7", not "07". And "0" and "00" are considered different numbers - in the event that you have players on the team wearing 0 and 00, this might not work. Sorry if I'm nitpicking, and I do give you creativity points for doing the numbers-in-claw thing, but I feel like there are some minor problems with it.

Not at all. That's a good point. I didn't think about the problem of players wearing 0 or 00.

Archived