move over buffaslug

leggman01

did a quick search of the forum to see if this had been covered, and couldn't find anything...

just found this logo the other day...the bulldog itself isn't bad, but that buffaslug embellishment simply doesn't work...and the nickname is gyrenes...really...i always thought that was a somewhat derogatory term for marines, but apparently not

http://www.amuathletics.com/home/default/

jldesigns404eo.png

Wow. I actually like the way the bulldog head is rendered, but when it's attached to that leaping slug shape, it's just awful. Looks like a very quickly moving decapitated dog head.

I always wondered why the St. Louis Ram's logo never gets any heat? I'm a Rams fan and like the logo, but at the same time the Buffaloslug was trashed and they kinda have similar concept. Just wondering if people get my comparison?

I'm sure there are others, maybe the Charlotte Bobcats, that have a logo that's just a head with a streak behind...

Wow. I actually like the way the bulldog head is rendered, but when it's attached to that leaping slug shape, it's just awful. Looks like a very quickly moving decapitated dog head.

I always wondered why the St. Louis Ram's logo never gets any heat? I'm a Rams fan and like the logo, but at the same time the Buffaloslug was trashed and they kinda have similar concept. Just wondering if people get my comparison?

I'm sure there are others, maybe the Charlotte Bobcats, that have a logo that's just a head with a streak behind...

I think it has much less to do with the concept of a head logo that shows motion by ending in something of a streak (see also Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, etc.) and much more to do with the simple garishness and the lack of coming through on a number of claims such as that they were going back to their roots (it's yellow and a shade of blue, that's it) and that they were going to feature their actual namesake, a sabre sword more prominently.

In another time and place, that logo and uniform set might have been accepted and even praised. But it was just stunning how poorly it fit when it was unveiled.

Archived