I, Max rips off the whole 'Round...

Puckguy14

I've never seen such an ovious rip off in a show than with I, Max on Fox Sports Net. Not only does Max have his (suddenly un)disembodied voice William Wolff, but they also kidnapped Michael Holley from Around the Horn. The "rounds" are way too similar, although its Holley vs. Max with Disembodied Voice being the ringside judge. Compared to Max (or now, Stat Boy from PTI) judging opinions from newspaper columnists. He also goes up against guests. How could anyone see this as original? Oviously, Kellerman got the money, and now has his own opinion to spit out. But this is such a rip off of ESPN's Around the Horn. It's bad when they even get the same announcer to get around....the commercials. Now you can try...........MAX! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

ohh.. cool... it's basically around the horn, only on fox?

good, because i liked that show with max, and then i stopped liking it with that other dude.

Anyone who thinks the Yankees have a larger worldwide following than Manchester United loses all credibility with me.

Too bad he had to yank Michael Holley from ATH though... he was the best guy on the show.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The format is basically teh same with the "Disembodied Voice" the judge and its not 4 columnists vs. each other its Holley, who is the man vs. Max and then Max goes up against a guest later on.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

It really seemed like they went out of their way to emulate Around the Horn...I just hope this doesn't mean the end of Holley on AtH (unless it means more Bob Ryan).

But when it comes down to it, Around the Horn is just The Sports Reporters on cocaine and I, Max is PTI on crack.

I don't like Max very much. He seems like the next coming of Jim Rome, and he's too crazy with his Yankeehood.

Around the Horn is a good show, but they don't actually represent enough places, they need to switch it up more. Chicago doesn't represent St. Louis. Boston, doesn't represent New York. Stuff like that.

I saw some of I, Max, and at times, it might be cool, but I don't think it's that great.

Wow, there are other shows on Fox Sports Net other than games. I didn't know that.

FSNY shows alomost no prgraming other than games, pre/post game shows, re-runs of yesterday's game and infomercials. Not even a sports highlight show. FSNY blows.

Max was ATH, and i think he's entitled to do what he wants with his show. Stat Boy blows on ATH, and the show just hasn't been the same since Max left.

Good for Fox and good for Max.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

well even the whole idea of max sitting in a studio while the other guys are on a screen is a ripoff, not to mention all the other stuff that is taken from ath. But I do agree max is better than statboy, statboy gives too many points for lousy answer. Yesterday Plashcke said there was an easto coast bias in the NBA, are you retarded plaschke no one has ever said that, but yet statboy gave him three points.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived