Field Ball Concepts

DaRadniz29

Alright. So if you've been browsing the Sports In General thread, you may have seen a new sport I created called "Field Ball" aka "FieldBall"

Taking some advice from members on this site to come up with some teams and move the logos portion here I did just that.

First here's the new Field Ball logo:

fdblfinal2small.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now, I'm stuck on cities and team names for this league. So I was watching the FIFA Women's World Cup Game US vs Sweden and it was pretty bad for most of the game, but a good thing happened - That night I had a dream that Field Ball was an olympic sport and there was a match on ESPN - don't laugh, alright, well if you got to, lol. Gotta stop eating brownies before bed (No, not special brownies).

So I got the idea to create National teams for Field Ball. The first four I got complete are: United States, Canada, Sweden, and Poland. Why these four first? Well, US and Canada for obvious reasons. Sweden because they beat my home country and Poland, because that's the nationality of my last name.

So here we go:

Templates from another board and a member name packmanch - not sure if this member is or was a member here. But credit for the template goes to him.

UNITED STATES:

Logos:

Primary: Created this logo using a Blue circle with two white lines that have red outlines. Inner Circle has 13 white stars for the 13 original colonies. The Center circle is the Ball of Field Ball, the secondary logo with curved text.

Secondary: Didn't create this one. Just touched it up to fit the color scheme I used.

- The Blue jersey uses the primary logo on the left chest. Red Stripes on the bottom portion of the jersey and white stars on the shoulders.

- The White Jersey uses the secondary "USA" logo on the crest, with primary logo on a sleeve and Blue stars on the shoulders.

- The Red Jersey uses the secondary logo on the crest wit the primary logo on a sleeve.

unitedstatesfieldballse.png

Next up: Canada

CANADA:

Logos:

Primary: arched "Canada" script over a maple leaf and FieldBall Ball. with "FieldBall Club" arched along the bottom of the Ball.

Secondary: Just the FieldBall Ball and maple leaf logo from the primary.

Jerseys:

-Red jersey with the secondary logo, with black swoosh short stripes accenting on the top.

-White jersey uses the "Canada" script from the primary in Red and Black. The secondary logo on the top of the chest and Red short stripes.

-Gray jersey with same "Canada" script and secondary logo on top of the chest and Red Short Stripes.

canadafieldballset.png

Next up: Sweden

SWEDEN:

Logos:

Pretty much self explanatory but just in case:

Primary: Three Crowns (Kronor) in front of the ball inside a blue circle with a thick gold outline.

Secondary: Three Crowns in blue in front of the ball.

Jerseys:

I should mention that all logos have the FieldBall shield logo on the bottom the jersey. Just in case anyone didn't see it. :)

Also All uniforms will have numbers, just got lazy as these have taken me a couple of days.

Club team uniforms will have more script and/or logos of the team.

-Blue jersey with light blue trim. Gold Crowns on the upper chest.

-White jersey with light blue trim and Gold Crowns on the upper chest.

-Gold jersey with Royal Blue trim and Royal Blue Crowns on upper chest.

Still contemplating what script to put on any of the jerseys. I would like at least one jersey in each set to have script.

swedenfieldballset.png

Next up: Poland

POLAND:

Not a country known for being all that great in sports, but I felt since it's my heritage that I should give some love to Poland. Besides, I've always wanted to visit Poland.

Logos:

Primary: I borrowed Poland's new football logo which I think is quite cool and unique. I took out a few gold parts, made the chicken's crown "Gold" and made the rest of the logo red, then put the FieldBall Ball behind it. Replaced the "PZPN" (Poland's abbreviation for their national football team) with "Polska" - From the little Polish I know, Polska proper in this sense means "Poland" in the Polish language - Let me know if that's wrong.

Secondary: Just removed the text. The logo was too good to abandon.

oops, I forgot to add the Coat of Arms logo that I used on the third jersey.

Jerseys:

-Red jersey with a cross body stripe in White. Secondary logo with Eagle logo in Black on sleeve.

-White jersey with cross body stripe in Red. Secondary logo on sleeve.

-Third jersey in Red, with Coat of Arms emblem on upper chest, "Polska" script in White on the crest with the secondary logo on the sleeve.

polandfieldballset.png

I was going to work on Mexico next, but I'm having a difficult time in decided what I should do for their logo. So, while I figure out what I want to use for the Mexico National team (if you have any suggestions on that, please let me know) I've decided to open it up to you.

What country do want to see represented in FieldBall Next?

Thanks, and C&C as always.

Interesting to see you change from the science-fiction to the international version of FieldBall, but I would imagine, Mexico, England, Germany, and maybe Italy would probably be good ideas for the next four.

As for the concepts, I like Poland the best, followed by the United States.

Interesting to see you change from the science-fiction to the international version of FieldBall, but I would imagine, Mexico, England, Germany, and maybe Italy would probably be good ideas for the next four.

As for the concepts, I like Poland the best, followed by the United States.

lol, yeah I decided to go away from the story/aliens discussion - at least on this board as I felt I was confusing people with that. And just for reassurance - my focus for the sport is not all in the realm of a story, it's fully being developed to be able to be played as a new sport, here on Earth by humans. :)

Thanks, I really like all the jersey sets, though I'm not entirely happy with the Sweden set, maybe once I figure out a script for them, I'll know where I want to go with the update.

Yeah, I am really stuck on what to use for Mexico. Maybe the aztec eagle, but I don't know. I was thinking of creating England's FieldBall identity next, so I see what I can come up with that. Then I'll have a go at Germany and Italy. My brother-in-law is from Sicily so I'll need to take my time on that one, b/c if I do he will most likely give me a hard time about it.

Alright - England, Germany and Italy and Mexico. Coming up.

I like what you're doing here. My only gripe is that the ball looks almost too realistic for the rest of the logo. I also think you should switch up how you're portraying it on the uniforms. Right now, it just seems like you're taking the ball and seeing how you can throw it in front of/behind a national emblem for a country. The level of detail makes the ball stick out on a lot of these crests, too.

Just how I feel about it. I like uniformity, but I think you're almost getting too uniform with the ball's appearance in every crest. Maybe make different versions to match the style of the logos? Keep it up, though. I love international projects. That was my first series on these boards, actually. B)

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I was looking at it last night and a few things were off, one of it was I made the ball a little too realistic with the sphere designer. I think I was on the right track when I faded most of it on the US logo, but on the US primary it still looks a bit realistically pop-ish. Problem is I need to define the ball of use (for now a volleyball) but make it stand out as a fieldball ball. Any suggestions on how to do that? Do you think making a flat outline with the shading would work or should it be a little more detailed?

Also on the FieldBall logo, I'm thinking about changing up the colors. I'm not sold on the Red for the main portion the FieldBall logo. Maybe Blue and White with a red out line, or maybe all blue and white stars. Suggestions and ideas welcome. I'll tinker with the ball and shield colors and see what I come up with.

I think anything that defines it more would work at this point. But I think you have to use different renderings of this ball for the logos, not the same for every one. Think about it this way: in the NHL, a lot of teams have a hockey stick in their logo. It would look awfully goofy if they all had a realistic stick in their logos, right? Moreover, the same stick? Image for reference (yes, old logos I know):

FreeVector.com-NHL-Hockey-Team-Logos_1.jpg

As far as the ball, that's all up to you. I think personally, something like a tennis ball design would be unique to the size of the ball, but it may confuse some people. Look at soccer balls and volley balls and see what kind of shapes you can come up with, make a hybrid if you will. I think that will give you some pretty good ideas.

I think anything that defines it more would work at this point. But I think you have to use different renderings of this ball for the logos, not the same for every one. Think about it this way: in the NHL, a lot of teams have a hockey stick in their logo. It would look awfully goofy if they all had a realistic stick in their logos, right? Moreover, the same stick? Image for reference (yes, old logos I know):

FreeVector.com-NHL-Hockey-Team-Logos_1.jpg

As far as the ball, that's all up to you. I think personally, something like a tennis ball design would be unique to the size of the ball, but it may confuse some people. Look at soccer balls and volley balls and see what kind of shapes you can come up with, make a hybrid if you will. I think that will give you some pretty good ideas.

Thanks, I see more clearly what you mean and yeah you're right about the same ball - I really was just using the ball logos as filer to get out some concepts until I figured out where I wanted to go with it, but regardless it's definitely too real for this type logo. Besides I realized it's a bit repetitive to use when the shield logo will be on all jerseys. Need to change up the ball on the uniforms to differentiate a bit. Problem is I suck at drawing, but I'll see what I can come up with. As soon as I read tennis ball with the size, I immediately thought of adam from Mythbusters trying to play Indiana Jones in a myth but being chased by the a giant tennis ball - yeah I don't know why either. :)

As for the old NHL logos, yep there pretty old, lol. :)

Though what team used the one on the top row, third in from the right? Kind of remember seeing it, but I need to be reeducated since I failed.

Thanks, I see more clearly what you mean and yeah you're right about the same ball - I really was just using the ball logos as filer to get out some concepts until I figured out where I wanted to go with it, but regardless it's definitely too real for this type logo. Besides I realized it's a bit repetitive to use when the shield logo will be on all jerseys. Need to change up the ball on the uniforms to differentiate a bit. Problem is I suck at drawing, but I'll see what I can come up with. As soon as I read tennis ball with the size, I immediately thought of adam from Mythbusters trying to play Indiana Jones in a myth but being chased by the a giant tennis ball - yeah I don't know why either. :)

As for the old NHL logos, yep there pretty old, lol. :)

Though what team used the one on the top row, third in from the right? Kind of remember seeing it, but I need to be reeducated since I failed.

Ottawa Senators

Ah, yes Ottawa. Thanks. Knew it looked familiar.

Well here's some updates.

Here's a look at the Shield new International governing body - "FICA" The abbreviation as you can see is "FieldBall International Competition Association" yeah, kind of took a que from FIFA. The slogan is "Fairness In Competitive Athletics" - not sure that it's the best slogan, but just came up with it on the spot.

fieldballshieldb5.png

Next is a look at a few shields for the domestic league(s). I just realized that "FieldBall" is Field Ball" not a huge issue, but I want it to match. So I'll see about correcting that. Anyway, still not sure if I'd change the name for a North American League. Might just stay with FICA or could use North American FieldBall Association (NAFA). It's amazing how many things are abbreviated the same. A quick google search for some of these abbreviations and wow. Anyway, which one do you like the best? Personally my favorites are the FICA, then the all navy, and sky blue and navy.

fieldballlogoconceptban.png

And here's a bigger picture of the new ball. Taking a que from suggestions the ball is a hybrid of Soccer and Volleyball patterns - just to be a little different. I wanted to kind of get some kind of bump or material in gimp to show that once the sport takes off I could have the balls specially designed to include a bit of grip. Just couldn't find the right thing. I tried applying canvas, didn't really work all that well. Tried adding some niose (RGB) and that didn't work. So I left it alone. I like it, but the volleyball part when colored reminds me a little of the US flag, not to mention sharing some similarities with the New England Revolution logo a bit and the USA Volleyball logo, though I did get idea to color the volleyball pattern in red and white stripes from their logo.

fdbllogo1aab.png

I think it's much better, more defined and has less pop than the gradient ball I used. Overall I'm pretty happy with the designs. Just now got to get some people together and organize a game. :)

Oh, and I added a rule to the game, which I really like - While there is no requirement to bounce the ball, and I didn't want to get into you have to take so many steps before you can move - kind of nullifies why I vreated the sport :)

So I came up with that a minimum ONE pass MUST occur in the offensive half of the field prior to a shot being taken by the offensive team. In Breakaway and odd man rushes player(s) instead of the ONE pass requirement, may opt to bounce the ball to the ground. They may bounce the ball at any point in the offensive half field but must do so prior to a shot being taken. Players would have to bounce the ball to the ground back to themselves before shooting and passing tossing the ball of the defender and catching it does not count as a pass. It's legal, but a bounce or pass would still be required.

That last ball logo looks a lot better.

International teams? Australia thankyou, we were one of the first nations too take this sport up seriously after the fall of Soccer in Australia.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

International teams? Australia thankyou, we were one of the first nations too take this sport up seriously after the fall of Soccer in Australia.

By "This" sport do you mean FieldBall, Fieldball or is what you call one of your sports?

Alright, added Australia to the list of jerseys I'm creating. Teams I am going to be working on: England, Germany, Mexico, Italy and Australia. Also will rework United States, Canada, Sweden an Poland with updates.

I recently came across this:

Like the begining of the video says the sport their playing is more of glorified STQ, but STQ my game is not.

Anyway if there is a sport called Fieldball that is not STQ, and anyone knows the rules or jest of it or a website that gives info about, I'd like to know. Thanks.

A little disappointed when you create something "unique" only to be reminded that nothing is ever "original" :)

Anyway, I'm still doing International teams, but here's a new National FieldBall logo that I created earlier today.

nafalogo1b.png

anyway, if rules and game play are similar, I'd probably just change the name of my sport to Bay Area Rules Fieldball or Bay Ball. But only if absolutely necessary. :)

By "This" sport do you mean FieldBall, Fieldball or is what you call one of your sports?

Alright, added Australia to the list of jerseys I'm creating. Teams I am going to be working on: England, Germany, Mexico, Italy and Australia. Also will rework United States, Canada, Sweden an Poland with updates.

No i was just make believing saying we were one of the first nations to pick it up outside of the US. :grin:

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived