Motor City Spirit FC

mcrosby

With talk of Detroit gaining an MLS team sometime in the future I decided to attempt a logo. I was going to go with a car industry based crest, but that seemed too cliché. I ended up using elements of the Michigan state seal (the shape of the crest) and of the Spirit of Detroit statue. I have a few options here. I wanted to use the city flag in the backdrop, but it looks too busy to me. Thoughts?

MotorCitySpirit.png

You know, I'm tempted to say you did with the Spirit what I'd wanted to do (though now I've been putting off turning my version of the SoD into a cougar for a while, I should probably get around to it). Only thing I'd have done somewhat differently is I'd probably have gone about turning the sun into a soccer ball a bit differently.

Far as which one I'd go with, I'll agree, the third one's too busy, I'd go with either #1 or #2.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

With talk of Detroit gaining an MLS team sometime in the future I decided to attempt a logo. I was going to go with a car industry based crest, but that seemed too cliché. I ended up using elements of the Michigan state seal (the shape of the crest) and of the Spirit of Detroit statue. I have a few options here. I wanted to use the city flag in the backdrop, but it looks too busy to me. Thoughts?

MotorCitySpirit.png

Go with #2; the first one is too bland, and although I like the Detroit flag in the background of #3, it makes the shield too confusing or too cluttered.

I wish I could learn to use inkscape, because I always thought it would be cool if Detroit had another sports team with the nickname of the Drive, after the popular AFL team. And the logo used would be a cheetah, to keep in hommage with the Lions, and Tigers big cats theme...

Archived