Yet Another Oregon Pro Combat Concept

JJAB013

EDIT:

This was my first idea for what OREGONS combat uniform was going to be, I was to do a home and away set. However since this initial post have taken idea in a different direction. Please see below post for a sneak peak at current idea for PRO COMBAT UNIFORM.

OregonPro.png

Good for a first concept. First of all, the ducks are going to be the home team, so all white wouldn't work. It way too minimalistic for Oregon. It looks as though this was done in 15 minutes. Not a bad concept, but really nothing going on here.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

First off. Go to Paint User's Paradise and get the pro combat temp that is on there. It looks better IMO. Second, you need to go more "out there". This looks too safe for oregon. Try a more unique striping pattern and just face facts. Oregon wears green, yellow, white, carbon, black, and even volt. Also, try making your numbers a little bigger. They're a tad too small.

Untitled.png

Also, the pants stripe is really jagged, and the back number is not to scale with the front number. Fix the font as well. Oregon uses a font called bellotti bold. It's in the requests section.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Second, you need to go more "out there". This looks too safe for oregon. Try a more unique striping pattern and just face facts. Oregon wears green, yellow, white, carbon, black, and even volt.

Evidently you missed the part where he said he wanted a classic look.

I'd make the numbers on both the front and back bigger.

Second, you need to go more "out there". This looks too safe for oregon. Try a more unique striping pattern and just face facts. Oregon wears green, yellow, white, carbon, black, and even volt.

Oregon isn't classic though. And even if he did want a classic look, he could've done way more than this. It looks like he doesn't know how to change the color of the jersey or pants.

Oregon isn't classic though.

So what? It's a concept. He can do what he wants. Also...

Oregon-Ducks-Throwback-Uniforms-7.jpg

Throwbacks and pro combats are two different things. I have a feeling at this point, you're going to refute everything i say, so I'm going to leave it at this; he can do what he wants, but that doesn't mean it looks good. He could have done classic much better.

Classic look with modern styling and design cues. Didnt come across as it was in my head. As far as knowing how to change colors I can do the basics but am new to some of the finer tweaks. As far as the font, I know they dont use that font they use Bellotti Bold 2.0 I believe is how it was described.

All that said I really wanted to blend together a few genres, past present, future styling (in the stripes). In my mind the rational went like this, if most teams sort of "flash forward" with there pro combat unis then is it a stretch that Oregon back pedals a little? Striped were based loosely off of what Oregon wore for the spring game. Yes the striping is a little less then fluid, hence rough draft. But still I appreciate all the input and will work on a home version with more modern tweaks for giggles...

Could've swore he said "classic looking uniform with modern tweaks and styling." Oh yeah...he did.

Untitled.png

@TylerBray8 I did, and I came up a little short of the modern tweaks. Though I will add "modern" is relative. Whats modern for Penn State wont be the same as Oregon. That is where the gap is. On a side note thanks for the recommendation of the additional Pro Combat template. I like it better...good call.

Throwbacks and pro combats are two different things. I have a feeling at this point, you're going to refute everything i say, so I'm going to leave it at this; he can do what he wants, but that doesn't mean it looks good. He could have done classic much better.

They're not, though. Look at last year's set. They can be a hybrid of the two, if not entirely a throwback.

They're not, though. Look at last year's set. They can be a hybrid of the two, if not entirely a throwback.

I know, but hate it when teams do that. Pro combats should be a look into the future, not a look into the past.

Oregon isn't classic though. And even if he did want a classic look, he could've done way more than this. It looks like he doesn't know how to change the color of the jersey or pants.

Didn't you use teambuilder for your first concept? yeah. I thought so

Didn't you use teambuilder for your first concept? yeah. I thought so

lol you got me there :P

your getting there! The thing is with concepts on here is that it really helps to practice, practice, practice! Trust me, you say that it didn't turn out like you saw in your head, keep practicing and it will!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Oregon Pro Combat Concept:

As I stated earlier I took design cues from Nikes "Elite Socks" for basketball and now for football. That is the design cue for pants and sleeve stripes. My thought is to use Oregons colors or at least from there current uniform set. I refuse to use volt (!!!!!) its bad enough grey is now in the set but no volt. Okay so my hatred of volt aside...Nike uses Oregon to push there future concepts and I see more use of the leg panels and sleeve panels as well. What is done now is simple color or trim of said panels. All that said here is what I have come up with, futuristic yet simple enough that its practical...The helmet I see them using is there current carbon fiber one with standard yellow O styling (possible tweaks to come for jersey baselayer...). Trim on yellow inserts is green (hard to see). Also I know on FRONT and BACK views of jersey the sleeve inserts are not visible where they should be I currently do not have the know how to execute it correctly.

OregonProTopsFix.png

Thank you for those who created the templates to help make this possible. Both in the uniform as well as the number. Much appreciated...

Thoughts?

Archived