Best park in MLB

Pat

Darnit!!!

Cursed punctuation!!!

ya got me Joel.

But lemme tell ya, for as lame as it was, it seemed like four hundred bucks.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am all about the vibe. The atmosphere. And for that alone I will always love Milwaukee County Stadium. Obstructed views, lousy plumming and all. At least I can still see her in Major League.

I hate Miller Park. No reason. Its a great building, but it feels west coast, hip and phony to me. Plus, its a symbol of Bud bending us collectively over and lowering payroll even further, despite all the new "revenue". If they leveled it tomorrow I'd be fine with that.

Been to Ballpark at Arlington or whatever its name is. It was ok.

Been to Wrigley and (prepare for flaming attack) I wasn't impressed. I mean, don't kill me. The neighborhood its in is awesome. The Ivy, the apartments.....the old architecture, the history. I get it. It's loveable. But for me, I couldnt believe how much the food didn't compare to up here. I mean, Chicago on the whole has great food.......what the hell? Some lame-arse Oscar Meyer dog in a PicknSave bun for $450??! Dude was even still boiling the thing in his cart. You guys owe it to yourselves to attend a Brewer game for the simple fact that even if we can't play baseball........we know how to eat and drink right and get fat doin it!!! Mmmmm Stadium Sauce.

Still meaning to visit my buddy in Boston and take in Fenway once.

Also been to Pohlman Field where the Snappers play and I'll be damned if that isn't a ton of fun too. Atmosphere atmosphere atmosphere......party deck on the first base line.......cookouts......cheap beer.....small town folks.....oh yeah.

I know what you're saying about Miller Park, but I have to admit it's grown on me. I mean it's here, so we might as well make the best of it.

Gotta love Pohlman though... boring ballpark, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it. Of course it also helps that the Snappers are literally the only thing to do in Beloit (unless for some reason you want to see Oprah's angel-doll collection).

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Do people have a thing against multi-purpose stadiums?

All the classic ballparks were used for baseball and football. Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field. Mile High.

Even today's modern ballparks have been used for football. SBC and BOB have held football games as well.

I sure don't. If County Stadium was multipurpose, we might still have the Packers.

But I think multipurpose stadiums leave a bad taste in peoples mouths because of their cookie cutter patterns and the fact that so many of them outlived their usefulness.

Shoot... I'm all for crammin' a gridiron into Miller Park so we can get the Packers back for a preseason game.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Shea isn't as much as a dump as a lot of people think, but it comes no where near sbc, fenway, and yankee...

I'm a Mets fan, Shea is God Awful. Let's see I have been to the Jake, Yankee, The Vet, and Shea. Best of those 4 in terms of modernism was the Jake, the Vet was the worst. Been to Pro Player for Football, wasn't bad, but I can't see it being a good baseball stadium. The multi-sport stadiums seldom are.

Well, I've been to Busch (when it had astroturf), Fulton County, Astrodome, Wrigley, U.S. Cellular, Candlestick, Network Associates, the Ballpark, and Pac Bell (SBC). I think it's obvious that the best among those is the Astrodome.

Just kidding.

It's a tough call between SBC and Wrigley. The nod probably goes to SBC, because of that fantastic location. As an aside, I didn't actually attend a game at Wrigley: During the 94 strike, I was visiting my sister in Chicago and rode a bike over to Wrigleyville when I had some time to kill. The right field fence was open, so I rode right into right field, parked my bike against the ivy, and explored. For whatever reason, no one seemed to mind. I still have some of the ivy.

Archived