Best park in MLB

Pat

OK by this i dont mean the most historic, and most memorable etc. Becasue that would meean wrigley, fenway, or yankee. boring.

what i mean is what of the stadiums in the MLB is the most state-of the-arc in design, coolest features, best sights, greatest views and stuff like that. I wouldve made it a poll but too many choices.

so what do you guys think?im still pondering it.......

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me a homer, but I think Miller Park gets the nod simply because you can't be in too many places in the stadium and not be able to see the field. It's also not nearly as big an intimidating as it looks from the outside.

Just bring back Bernie's beer mug and it'll be perfect.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Ive been the the metrodome (the worst) Miller and County stadium in Milwauk.

Miller was nice, but it will look really dated in like 30 years, but for now, its cool.

But without being there, ive always been a fan of the distinct ambience of fenway.

Of the ones I've been to, Safeco is the nicest aesthetically and best designed, but Kaufmann in K.C. was one of the best overall experiences (concessions, ticket prices, atmosphere, etc.) It felt a lot smaller than it was and the ambiance is superb.

I've been to Olympic, SkyDome, Tropicana, and Pac Bell (Is SBC what they call it now?), And I have to like Pac Bell, although Tropicana wasn't bad. Olympic was great 10 years ago when it had people in it. SkyDome is there. That's about all I can really say.

I've been to the Metrodome and Wrigley Field... hand down the best is the Metrodome, no question.

OH GOD I can't say that with a straight face, not even the homerest of homers could pick the dome over Wrigley. We need a new park ASAP.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Out of Shea, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, and SBC:

1. SBC

2. Fenway

3. Yankee Stadium

4. Shea

Shea isn't as much as a dump as a lot of people think, but it comes no where near sbc, fenway, and yankee...

the only two new ones that I have been to are the jake and Great American. I went to the Jake when they were selling out and the atmosphere was good, but I think that was more because the team was good, but I like GABP better it has good sightlines and you can walk anywhere in the park pretty quickly and even when you are buying something in line you can still watch the game.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I've been to the Metrodome and Wrigley Field... hand down the best is the Metrodome, no question.

OH GOD I can't say that with a straight face, not even the homerest of homers could pick the dome over Wrigley. We need a new park ASAP.

I'll bet that if you put the field of the Metrodome and put it outside, then lower the seating (especially behind home plate), then you might actually have a decent stadium.

My favourite stadium is SBC (Pac-Bell) only because it's better of the two ballparks I've been to.

I saw, I came, I left.

All I've been to is Busch, and it's great. The renovations about 8 years ago were awesome. The style was unique when it opened, and then was copied. By now most of the copies have been torn down and it is unique again. It really is a great place to watch the games. Problem is, it's on it's way out. Not many seem to be able to figure out why the Cards need a new park, but next year will be Busch's last. The new ballpark that is set to open in 2006 looks nice from the artist's renderings though.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but the new Citizens' Bank Park (or as some of the locals are now dubbing it, "the Vault") is a great park. The Ashburn Alley crossing the outfield is great. I've also been out to Crammed-In Yards (when there were people going there) which is great, and Shea, but that place is a toilet. But I've also been to PNC Park in the 'Burgh, and that is a real nice place to see a game.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived