Isles Third Concept

Brian E

let me start by saying i'm not a designer. i'm really just a guy who loves sports logos and is flat out in awe of the work that shows up here on a daily basis. that said, i'm going to go out on a limb and post my first ever concept. it's made in paint using the templates from the board, so be kind!

obviously, the islanders were insisted upon two things with their upcoming third: they wanted some kind of script on the jersey and they were insistent upon it not being orange. that's the only reasons i came up with why we're getting what we're getting. SO, i thought, "if the isles HAD TO use a color not in their scheme and use a script on the chest, how could have it been good?" this is what i came up with. i know the antique white can be played out and i do think this would look even better with the crest in place of the script i used, but here it is:

islesfauxback.png

sig2024.png

I admire your idea of wanting to use another colour, but do not use vintage white. It's so overused and besides, the Isles never wore it, nor were they around when it was used.

Anyways, I think that the script is too small. Try to imagine that on a jersey - it'd hardly be legible. Also, I'd recommend doing what Minnesota did by adding an underline; it would add a lot to this jersey. And if you can't think of another colour to use try a) Making the jersey orange or b.) Adding a "funky" and original stripe pattern to change things up a bit as you wanted to do, and so it would be different from the primaries. It'd be worth a shot.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I admire your idea of wanting to use another colour, but do not use vintage white. It's so overused and besides, the Isles never wore it, nor were they around when it was used.

Anyways, I think that the script is too small. Try to imagine that on a jersey - it'd hardly be legible. Also, I'd recommend doing what Minnesota did by adding an underline; it would add a lot to this jersey. And if you can't think of another colour to use try a) Making the jersey orange or b.) Adding a "funky" and original stripe pattern to change things up a bit as you wanted to do, and so it would be different from the primaries. It'd be worth a shot.

cool deal. thanks for the ideas, bubba! definitely going to have a second go at it.

sig2024.png

Directly from under your avatar:

Any logo, as long as it's in a circle, vintage white, and has laces - then it's classic!

I call bull :censored:. haha

Directly from under your avatar:

Any logo, as long as it's in a circle, vintage white, and has laces - then it's classic!

I call bull :censored:. haha

Sarcasm.jpg

:P

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived