Quick question about World Series Patches

charger77

1989? I'll find out for sure.

ok, Now I'm thinking 1988 because there were none on the pictures I see from 1987.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was 88 as well, at least regular wearing of patches. But I've seen some patches from far earlier World Series though it seems spotty at best when they exist and it's hard to tell if they actually wore them on the uniforms or if they were standalones.

1989? I'll find out for sure.

ok, Now I'm thinking 1988 because there were none on the pictures I see from 1987.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was 88 as well, at least regular wearing of patches. But I've seen some patches from far earlier World Series though it seems spotty at best when they exist and it's hard to tell if they actually wore them on the uniforms or if they were standalones.

I'm also thinking they did not wear World Series patches on the jerseys in 1997, both teams wore their team logo on one sleeve and the Jackie Robinson patch on the other... patches were on the caps though, IIRC

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

St. Louis wore the patch in 1987, some reason Minnesota didn't. It was on both teams in 1988. Cap logos began in 1997 since the Jackie Robinson patch was on the unis (as Chris mentioned earlier) 1995 had "Welcome to the Show" underneath a rare different color logo. 2005 was the first time "World Series" wasn't on the patch.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

St. Louis wore the patch in 1987, some reason Minnesota didn't. It was on both teams in 1988. Cap logos began in 1997 since the Jackie Robinson patch was on the unis (as Chris mentioned earlier) 1995 had "Welcome to the Show" underneath a rare different color logo. 2005 was the first time "World Series" wasn't on the patch.

I believe cap patches began in 1996...

1989 also featured a custom patch for the "Battle of the Bay" complete with both A's and Giants logos worn by both teams

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I believe cap patches began in 1996...

1989 also featured a custom patch for the "Battle of the Bay" complete with both A's and Giants logos worn by both teams

The Yankees definitely had a hat patch in 1996. I am looking at mine right now.

Archived