My New Website - Looking for Feedback

Big A HG

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to posting here, but have followed the boards on and off for some time. I've finally got the courage to present my new project.In late May I started a website that follows one of my passions, North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey. I've been a collector of their jerseys since 2007 when I made my first purchase. I'm always looking to buy something unique and different, depending on financials (of course), so putting a site together dedicated toward that gives me a lot of the same passion as actually owning a particular sweater by having to do a ton of research to put together the information needed to present at a high standard. I also really enjoy the astethics and team aspect of a jersey, not necessarily the players name and number on the back. In a way, a jersey is a unified form of team branding that represents your past, present, and future, so when you have a legacy like North Dakota, it means something to a lot of people.

There are two primary ideas behind the site: 1) research and catalog each jersey the team has worn in graphic and descriptive form from the program's inception to the present date; 2) to find out who owns each game-worn Sioux jersey that's out there via the "Collect" page (unreasonable to find them all, but that's the goal). There is other content to the site which is there to really fill the site out in a complete manner, and it's all pretty straight-forward as to its content.

I know many of you probably aren't into jerseys like me, but there is a lot of expertise and great opinion when it comes to the design aspects of something like I am doing on this site. So, if you'd like to give some feedback, good or bad (I have thick enough skin), or have questions about why I presented something a certain way, feel free to say something. The site is still under construction, but there is enough content now that I feel like I can really gain some feedback going forward, but I'm not too far along if drastic changes need to be made.

With all that said, I do have some ideas and changes I haven't yet implemented, and I'll list some below for you to get an idea of a direction I plan on going.

You can view the site here: sioux-jersey.com

MAIN UPCOMING CHANGES:

-Updated home page look; player pic is a temporary placeholder. Would like to feature latest updates in picture form somehow

-The main Encyclopedia page needs an overhaul to give the viewer a better idea of what each jersey link will bring them to; a jersey icon for each is the idea with possible branding ties

-"About" page is going to be re-done, but not a primary concern at the moment.

-Some of my first jersey graphics will be re-done for better resolution

-Possibly update the look of page titles

FUTURE ADDITIONS:

-a "Links" page to refer viewers to other pertinent websites; might be included in the "About" page

-possibly a page for how to care for and maintain your collection

-obviously more jersey entries to the encyclopedia and more collector pages on the way

Thanks for any feedback and enjoy the site

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

Flash is not a personal favorite of mine either. Honestly, I'm in the beginning stages of learning coding, and was anxious to get started doing a site before the Sioux nickname was dropped. I currently use a web builder that uses flash, however, you can view the site in HTML. The site should load on Apple software, but it will basically look very basic. I know it's not the best way to go about things, but someday in the future, if I can become sufficient enough at building a site from scratch, I will go that route.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

nice designs, super informative but why Flash? You do realize that site will not display at all on iPads, iPhones, etc...

Flash is increasingly unpopular as a web technology FYI

That is only for Apple users, the real computers users of the world will be fine.

operating_system_market_share.jpg

spacer.png

Archived