Racine County High School Project

Discrim

I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while, and with NHL Revivals having been completed and with a few weeks to think about it, I decided to go ahead. I'll throw ya a list of the schools I'll be doing:

1: J.I. Case, Racine: my alma mater, class of 01...if you've seen a tractor, yes we're named after THAT Case...colors are dark green and gold, some of our teams also use black, the gold usually varies between yellow and vegas/metallic...nickname is Eagles (the company's old mascot, so it's ours too)

2: Washington Park, Racine: the alma mater of my mom, uncle and all but one aunt...generally known as Park around here...colors are orange and blue. the blue seems to be royal for the football team, navy for most of their other teams...nickname is Panthers

3: Wm. Horlick, Racine: I hate these guys, nothin more to say about that...colors are red, silver and black. historically the primary color is red, although the football team has used black extensively in recent years...nickname is Rebels, as a result of an old football coach's name: Reb Holtz. And, as you might figure, they usually look something like UNLV.

4: Lutheran, Racine: private school...colors are purple and gold, mascot is the Crusader. don't really have an opinion on em one way or another

5: St. Catherine's, Racine: private school, and oddly enough, the closest one to my house...colors are black and white with a little gold...gold shade is almost always yellow, although recently the football team had used vegas...mascot is the Angel

6: Prairie, Racine: private...colors are red and blue...no football, as Prairie is a little small for it...mascot is the Hawk

7: Burlington HS, Burlington: colors are black and orange...mascot is the Demon

8: Catholic Central, Burlington: private...colors are blue and silver...mascot is the Hilltopper

9: Waterford Union, Waterford: usually we don't use the Union part, just Waterford...the colors apparently are green and black now, they used to be green and gold...mascot is the Wolverine

10: Union Grove HS, Union Grove: made USA Today for a Prairie View-esque losing streak many years ago...colors are red and black...nickname is Broncos

i'll be doing almost every sport you'd imagine we have, and a couple we don't play. one of those in the latter is hockey, surprisingly enough (there isn't a rink in the county :cursing: ) and so we're starting with that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

First sport, hockey...and first school: Prairie

prairiehockey.gif

here ya go, just part 1 of a wild ride :hockeysmiley:

I always thought it was bogus that Pius is the only "Milwaukee" school (when it ain't even in the city... it's in the burbs :cursing: ) that offers hockey. Could you imagine a City Conference co-op team terrorizing the rest of the state?

As for your concept, it does work for a high school team... except I think Quebec blue is too good for a prissy-arse school like Prarie.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I really like the prarie uniforms! Its alot different than you normally see. Vertical lines on the jersey, simple and still very nice.

I'm from Kenosha (moving in 4 days though) and I wasn't aware there were so many High Schools in Racine! I only came up here to go to school but wow. There were only 4 in Champaign-Urbana. (where I grew up) and they just added their first private HS down there. I never knew Case was named for THAT case. Interesting they took the colors of CASE tractor's main rival, John Deere.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be looking for the rest! That was something I've been working on for my alma mater as well. Unity High School in Tolono, IL. We were the rockets and its pretty hard to make a rocket not look like...well I think you know where I'm going. I've got the logo, kinda looks like toledo's but not quite. There's a slight resemblance. Mainly because they previously used Toledo's. Anyway, I'll post all that when I get started with the new job and stuff settles down a bit.

kinda reminds me of a project I did with the local high schools in my area

further proof great minds think alike (sometimes :P )

2016cubscreamsig.png

next up, part 1 of a twofer...Catholic Central

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...e/bcchockey.gif

I figure Creamer will like the logo :P and I decided to go with the Blues template for this one. I then preceeded to forget I was only working with two colors so as you can see i improvised a bit :wacko:

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now part two of today's twofer...St. Cat's

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...tcatshockey.gif

i've seen St. Cat's jerseys that have St. Catherine's on the front, but that's rare for them. They almost always go with ANGELS if they have to make a choice.

edit: the template used is teh Canucks third, only without the gradient.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I always thought it was bogus that Pius is the only "Milwaukee" school (when it ain't even in the city... it's in the burbs :cursing: ) that offers hockey. Could you imagine a City Conference co-op team terrorizing the rest of the state?

As for your concept, it does work for a high school team... except I think Quebec blue is too good for a prissy-arse school like Prarie.

Really? I thought Marquette High had hockey too. I guess I'm mistaken...

QPR%20Sig.png

part deux of today's twofer, this here's Waterford...

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...rfordhockey.gif

the wolverine on front, i modified from that 50's Michigan pennant at logoserver. one of those things i would never have done had i not ventured into the request forum :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Tonight, another twofer and then tomorrow night I'm pullin a threefer.

First at the faceoff circle, Lutheran

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...heranhockey.gif

i meant to have this resemble the Kings' original uniforms somewhat, so jump if you like it. the shield i made, it was a rush job and i didn't like it when i tried it as the crest, hence the Ranger style LUTHERAN

second in the circle, Union Grove

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...ne/ughockey.gif

it was gonna happen eventually, and now it has: i caved and used a pro logo. :D it's the Coyotes' old third temp w/o the details, and i figured it'd make for a good canvas for my intentions.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I always thought it was bogus that Pius is the only "Milwaukee" school (when it ain't even in the city... it's in the burbs :cursing: ) that offers hockey.  Could you imagine a City Conference co-op team terrorizing the rest of the state?

Now that you mention it, I think they do too. My fault.

Still, it'd be nice for the public schools to be able to get in on this. Especially since hockey in general is pushing for diversity.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The three-fer and hockey final...then tomorrow i'll be working on the next sport, which i haven't decided on yet.

Horlick

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...rlickhockey.gif

like i think Mooterus has potential, teh Mooterus jersey also has potential. the dark jersey was originally gonna be the darker gray you see, but for obvious reasons i changed to red. a shame, it looked nice.

Park

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di.../parkhockey.gif

the Panther there, I coulda done better. and i don't have the font that NHLUniforms.com uses for the 70s, which Park uses for its football logo and other things, so i had to make the wordmark myself too. the Preds third temp was only appropriate.

Case

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di.../casehockey.gif

the logo, i sort of whipped up cus I didn't wanna use North Texas' eagle, and I didn't wanna rehash my St. Louis eagle. at least i'll know what i want my wing to look like when i get to football :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Alrite, it's been a few days, now I start soccer. Most of teh kits worn by county teams are one-color for some halfbaked reason. I figure i'm best served with one kit set per school, so without further doodoo, here's Waterford

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...rfordsoccer.gif

and since most high school teams in general don't use crests, or if they do they're lame, my wolverine came out of its hole for this.

edit: i see i got some problems...the white shirt was supposed to have alternating color pinstripes, they all look black to me

re-edit: scratch that, they ARE alternating. :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Now that you mention it, I think they do too. My fault.

Still, it'd be nice for the public schools to be able to get in on this. Especially since hockey in general is pushing for diversity.

My brother was telling me the other day about an arrangement that my old high school (Brown Deer) now has with University School to share a team and facilities for swimming (with Brown Deer as home pool), I wonder if they plan on returning the favor by letting Brown Deer students play hockey for University School any time soon...

QPR%20Sig.png

• 1 month later...

been somewhere in the space of a month or so since the last update, so here we go with a mass unveiling of the rest of the soccer lineup:

St. Cat's:design is based on an old Columbus Crew alternate, which i figured made sense seeing as the same colors are used

Prairie:this is sort of some amalmagation of Chivas, Paraguay, and some team i've probably copied and never heard of.

Union Grove:i went a little more plain here, and based this off England's home style

Catholic Central:based the home off Ajax, and although it wasn't intentional i'm glad to see the away ended up looking like Arsenal's old shirt

Burlington:as you can see the stripes are in a pitchfork style, seeing as they're the Demons. black road is a little more traditional.

Horlick:this is actually a style i'd be able to make in World Tour Soccer (actually, most of em are with exceptions). move along, nothin more to see here

Case: holy crap it's NOT Discrimesque :hockeysmiley: home's modeled after Arsenal, road's black with Nike piping and Arsenal sleeves

Park: i figured i'd give it a homecoming feel and here i went with the sash. a little thicker than most sashes but hey.

Lutheran:Gothic lettering was appropriate for some reason. i don't know why but it felt right.

i won't lie...i have absolutely no idea what sport i'm doing next. so in the words of a mexican dude i came across one time,

help me...won'tcha help me?
Discrim out B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived