My Revised Portfolio

Mings

So, in getting ready for finding a job after graduation, I've update my portfolio (resume too, but that isn't being posted here) with some of my newest work and newest graphic sensibilities. Its a bit more streamlined and blocks of color no longer jump out and begin to overpower like the previous one. I have also revised the format for easy printing with blurb (the best book printing site for small batches I have found so far).

I've already gotten feedback about contrast between text and picture on the title pages, but it was designed that way for the secondary information to fall back. However, if a ton of you see it as an issue I am definitely open to changing it. I had the text as all orange but wasn't liking the feel of it.

Let me know what you guys think! I look forward to your feedback.

My website, for those of you that haven't visited. More projects are shown.

Portfolio in PDF format

Portfolio.jpg

Portfolio2.jpg

Portfolio3.jpg

Portfolio4.jpg

Portfolio5.jpg

Portfolio6.jpg

Portfolio7.jpg

Portfolio8.jpg

The newest project starts here:

Portfolio9.jpg

Portfolio10.jpg

Edit: For some reason it keeps adding any new post I do with the remaining two images to the first one. Would someone be kind enough to post them/or make a post so I can? Thanks

Portfolio11.jpg

Portfolio12.jpg

Wow, no comments..? Jesus. This is a big project-- I suppose only a few people actually realize how much work went in to this.

Here's the last two images:

Portfolio11.jpg

Portfolio12.jpg

For some commentary:

That is beautiful. I took a drafting class once, but I never pursued it any further (and you're probably laughing at that comment :rolleyes: )-- that said, I know how much work goes into not only the work you've done, but the design of this. Great work.

My ONLY issue (though it is a fairly large one from a presentation standpoint) is that you've got some big contrast issues on the title pages for each project. The black text gets lost on the background on almost every one of these pages, making it hard to read, and hard for some (maybe) to even notice. It happens on a couple photos throughout as well-- for instance: the Canal project, the Exhibition Path description is in black text on a dark gray background. I see you used orange for contrast on the Sverre Fehn's Mueseum page, and I think you should do so in these instances as well.

Overall, this is a damn nice presentation. I'm a sucker for minimalistic, modern designs, so this is right up my alley. With that slight change to the project pages, I think this is a solid sales tool for yourself.

A lot of the text gets lots when placed over images, unless that's just an anomaly due to shrinking them to fit on here. You may want to either make all the text reversed out, or put them in a colored block.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think part of it is an anomaly. I'm going by some I've gotten printed in the past where it still came out very readable. On the title pages though, the idea is for that secondary text to start to blend in a bit and still be read. I changed some of the captions to be reversed, and you can see it in the updated pdf file.

I think this is beautiful! I can't imagine the amount of time that went into this but i would like to find out for myself. I am most likely pursuing Architecture in college next year. I think these are beautiful and like to imagine I can make something so good. These are just FUN to look at and I'm sure your audience will think so too.

I remember you posting about some of these projects in the past. Forgive me for my lack of research, but are most of these based in New Orleans as well? Do you have anything written up (in your blog) specifically about some of the revitalization projects for New Orleans?

Thanks for the compliments. All of them are in New Orleans, except for the second one. Due to being at Tulane, most of our studio projects are in New Orleans. However with that one semester and my thesis project, they are in other places as well. I don't have much written up on revitalization projects in New Orleans mainly due to the fact that everyone and their mother already has that covered online. I focus on places I've been, trips I've taken, and thoughts and research.

Thanks for the compliments. All of them are in New Orleans, except for the second one. Due to being at Tulane, most of our studio projects are in New Orleans. However with that one semester and my thesis project, they are in other places as well. I don't have much written up on revitalization projects in New Orleans mainly due to the fact that everyone and their mother already has that covered online. I focus on places I've been, trips I've taken, and thoughts and research.

Cool thanks for the info.

Archived