ChuckDownfield's NFL Pro Combat 2012

ChuckDownfield

Ok, So I thought I would make a new thread, since I'm kind of making this into a series. The template can still be accessed from this thread, by using this link. The old thread can also be seen here. Anyway, on to the concepts! Today I have updates for the first two teams, San Diego and Houston, as well as a new concept for Atlanta. First up is the San Diego Chargers!

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

So I'll give a recap of what I was trying to do with this concept. Simplify by removing the powder blue, and making it more of a classic look by adding gray. I think the gray and navy together make a bold contrast from the yellow, which I think is good for a team with a lightning bolt for a logo. The bold contrast kind of signifies the awesome force that lightning is. I used the lightning bolt on the sleeves and on the pants, and used a gray facemask to give it an old-time football feel. The original concept can be seen here. For the update, I added T.V. numbers, as well as numbers on the back of the helmet. I added the "CHARGERS" script over the numbers, and per request, added a yellow outline to the road uniform numbers. Enjoy!

HOME:

2qbd6cw.png

ROAD:

e9hguv.png

ALTERNATE:

4j1506.png

Now on to the next team, the...

HOUSTON TEXANS

For the Texans, I was trying to put a bigger emphasis on red. I was trying to differentiate them from the Cowboys, their in state rivals, and their two division foes, the Colts and the Titans, who also use blue as a primary color. I used an Under Armor esque "horn" color panel on the jerseys, and created a pants stripe to match. On the update I added, T.V. and helmet numbers, sleeve logos, and the "TEXANS" script over the numbers. The original concept can be viewed here. Here's the updates!

HOME:

v82dr8.png

ROAD:

339n2on.png

ALTERNATE:

dmfi0w.png

And now for the new concept, the...

ATLANTA FALCONS

So this one is one I'm pretty proud of. I kept the black helmet, although part of me really wanted a red one. The Home jersey is red with black pants, and the away is white with black pants. The alternate features a black jersey with white pants, and the road alternate is all white. The jerseys feature white sleeves, with a black and red stripe that is designed to mimic the logo. The sleeves are also surrounded by piping. The "FALCONS" script is found over the numbers, and the jersey also features T.V. numbers. There are numbers on the back of the helmet as well. The pants feature a piping design, with a red color panel. The Falcon logo also makes an appearance on the hips. On to the concept!

HOME:

10riurd.png

ROAD:

1zeav61.png

HOME ALTERNATE:

amv0ur.png

ROAD ALTERNATE:

255qr8g.png

Let me know what you think by leaving me some C&C. Thanks for viewing!

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Not really feeling the silver outline on the black jersey's sleeves. It blends into the white and makes the sleeve stripe look like it's floating in air. But I do like the Texans concept, primarily the primary color (no pun intended) change.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

What's with the numbers? They all look very similar. And no NOBs?

While I don't mind the lack of powder blue, the grey looks off on the Chargers to me, especially with white helmets and especially with a yellow jerseys. I think if you made the grey white, it'd look really nice.

I love the Texans. Much better than what they currently have. Although I'd rather see the blue jerseys paired with red pants. And I'm not crazy about the horns, but they kind of work for the Texans.

Atlanta looks nice, but I think would improve with a red lid (at least for the road and alt) and different stripes on the pants.

I would suggest you make the seams and outlines on the uniforms a darker or lighter color than the jersey. For example, black would work for the navy blue Texans' jersey. It just looks better on the presentation IMO. Definitely a good looking paint template, though. Nice job. The designs look pretty nice so far, my one complaint would be what DeFrank said about the Atlanta unis. The just feel kinda mismatched. I would just use the same design from the sleeves on the pants as well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The way the template is presented, the boldness of the "seams" in the jersey makes it look kind of clunky and just doesn't look quite right to me, so maybe work on that aspect of the template. if the seams were even a darker shade of whatever color the base was, it would look way better, but thin down the lines a tiny bit too. That being said, there's something about the general feel of the Chargers concept that I absolutely love. The number font needs some major work, including thinning out the outline and maybe just not using agency. I'd try a font that is slightly italicized and is little blockier and strong, like the "Chargers" mark they use. Still, I think that the color balance is excellent, and the way the yellow is used for the lightning bolts emphasizes them in a great way. I like this treatment of the shoulder bolt stripes far more than what they wear now. Good work.

Archived