Obscure College Football Concepts

thespleenenator

Well, I'm not one for introductions to concepts, so I'll just say that this is a concept thread with football concepts that have either not been done before, or are rarely done.

First up, we have the America East, specifically, the University of Albany Great Danes.

Now, with the Great Danes, I went with a classic look, with a bit of a modern flair. The look is pretty simple, the main different design elemetn being the shoulder stripes, based of the split colored A.

Home

Away

Home Alt

Comments would be appreciated.

EDIT: I took these from screenshots because whenever I upload them from Inkscape, they dull the colors.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well, I'm not one for introductions to concepts, so I'll just say that this is a concept thread with football concepts that have either not been done before, or are rarely done.

First up, we have the America East, specifically, the University of Albany Great Danes.

Now, with the Great Danes, I went with a classic look, with a bit of a modern flair. The look is pretty simple, the main different design elemetn being the shoulder stripes, based of the split colored A.

Home

Away

Home Alt

Comments would be appreciated.

EDIT: I took these from screenshots because whenever I upload them from Inkscape, they dull the colors.

Change your color space from CMYK to RGB.

I agree with BB08-- it seems awfully generic. I like the white helmet, it shows off the logo better. But overall, this just feels uninspired.

Thank you for the comments.

I agree, I'm really stumped on the jerseys. I like the pants and Helmet, but the Jersey does seem much more bland now that I look at it again. I don't want to go too crazy (I think Albany would benefit from a more classic look, and I don't want an LSU clone [which is what they have now]), but it does need to be better than that.

I'll keep it here for now while I work on Vermont, but I will revisit that in the very neer future.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I finally figured out what the problem was: the numbers. They were just so bland, and gave a clean uniform, no character. I finally changed that. I gave them a classier number font, and put gave them the same pattern as thier A, which i think is a defining feature in the Albany brand. Again, I didn't want to go crazy here, but I wanted to give them something unique.

EDIT: One last question before I start on Vermont: Would NOB help these uniforms? I still feel like there is something missing.

You didn't fix any problems. The numbers look worse now. The issues is lack of detail on the uniforms. There's no rhyme or reason to the concept. No continuity. TV numbers, better usage of both colors, etc. are all things that need to be considered.

Just out of curiosity, how do they look worse? I thought I gave them something unique, but wearable. I think TV numbers on this concept would be a bit overkill for the split numbers, and would clutter the shoulders. Also, I'm thinking about NOB and pants stripes. Would those be good? I want to become better at this.

You didn't fix any problems. The numbers look worse now. The issues is lack of detail on the uniforms. There's no rhyme or reason to the concept. No continuity. TV numbers, better usage of both colors, etc. are all things that need to be considered.

Just out of curiosity, how do they look worse?

Times New Roman.

Times New Roman.

Really? I thought that font would be "classy", which is what I was going for here. What font do you think would be better?

Times New Roman.

Really? I thought that font would be "classy", which is what I was going for here. What font do you think would be better?

Times New Roman is not classy. It doesn't belong on any sports uniform.

For most sports, especially football, standard block is as classy as it gets.

As a general rule of thumb, if it's acceptable to use in an academic essay, it's probably not going to look "right" on a uniform.

Does that mean we can use Comic Sans?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived