My MLB The Show Diamond Dynasty team

BucNazT

Seeing the release for MLB The Show is a few weeks away and they included a Mode this year which lets you create a team along with their logos and uniforms. I grabbed uniform and cap templates that I like on DeviantArt and took to photoshop to attempt to come up with a few uniform concepts for my potential team.

Team Logos

MilitiaLogoLayout.png

Home Cap

MilitiaHomeCap.png

Away Cap

MilitiaAwayCap.png

Batting Practice Cap

MilitiaPracticeCap.png

Home Uniform

MilitiaHomeUniform.png

Away Uniform

MilitiaAwayUniform.png

Alternate Away Uniform

MilitiaAlternateAwayUniform.png

Alternate Home Uniform

MilitiaAlternateHomeUniform.png

(credit for the templates goes to Deviant Art user, Jaxon)

Thanks for the reply and feedback. I tried my best to incorporate the powder blue as a primary color without going too over the top with it, besides the blue alt jersey, which I ended up really liking combined with the white cap. I would have used a template that featured a hitter, but I couldn't find one that I liked. I would have made a template myself, but my free time has been a bit more limited lately.

Yeah, my favorite part of the uniform is the white cap too. I am seriously considering finding a local place and having one made for myself. haha

I like the color scheme, but not the font. This is too light a font for inline treatment...it needs to be bolder like the Blue Jays' current version. It only works when there's the most contrast, on the home white and darkest alternate.

I don't like "MA" on the caps. Where does the A come from? When you make a monogram like that, each letter is supposed to represent a word in the location or nickname. MA is fine if you're mailing a letter, but it makes no sense as a cap emblem. Just go with M.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I was completely against the font until I saw the cap logo. Despite it being clever, I'm still against the font. I think you can get away with it for the cap logo, but not for the wordmarks. It just seems too busy.

It looks like you are using photoshop. I would clean up your drop shadows. I believe you want to turn down your spread so it looks more like a logo shadow than a picture shadow.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Sorry this isn't feedback about your design, but where did you read there was going to be create a team in the Show?

They are introducing a mode this year called Diamond Dynasty...its pretty much like Ultimate Team, where you build your roster with card packs...but the difference is you get to name your team and create logos for them in an in game editor as well as design their uniforms.

Thanks for the feedback, guys..

I like the color scheme, but not the font. This is too light a font for inline treatment...it needs to be bolder like the Blue Jays' current version. It only works when there's the most contrast, on the home white and darkest alternate.

I don't like "MA" on the caps. Where does the A come from? When you make a monogram like that, each letter is supposed to represent a word in the location or nickname. MA is fine if you're mailing a letter, but it makes no sense as a cap emblem. Just go with M.

I was completely against the font until I saw the cap logo. Despite it being clever, I'm still against the font. I think you can get away with it for the cap logo, but not for the wordmarks. It just seems too busy.

It looks like you are using photoshop. I would clean up your drop shadows. I believe you want to turn down your spread so it looks more like a logo shadow than a picture shadow.

I see your points about the font when it comes to the uniforms, I have been messing with new fonts on photoshop to try and find a bolder alternate. So far I I have only found fonts that are too generic of ones that just won't work on a sports jersey. I'm going to check some font sites a little later tonight. But when it comes to the cap emblem, I really like the current design of the letters and going to try and keep the MA. I didn't want to go with a simple "M" nor did I want to use the crest design or spell out "MASS". I decided on "MA" because its the two letter abbreviation of the state and the two letter connect really well when it comes to making them into a logo...much like the Yankees "NY", which is where I got the inspiration.

Thanks for the tip! I will work on the drop shadows once I decide on new wordmarks.

what template do you use for the hat?????????????????????

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I didn't want to go with a simple "M" nor did I want to use the crest design or spell out "MASS". I decided on "MA" because its the two letter abbreviation of the state and the two letter connect really well when it comes to making them into a logo...much like the Yankees "NY", which is where I got the inspiration.

Because NY stands for "New York" (2 words).

MA is nothing more than a postal abbreviation. The team isn't "MA". At the very least, it would be "Mass". That's why UMass is "UMass" instead of "UMa".

The two letters might connect well, but in the overall identity of the team, it doesn't make much sense to emphasize a letter in the monogram that doesn't represent anything. It's just the second letter of the word.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

what template do you use for the hat?????????????????????

I used a template I found on a DeviantArt member's page, Jaxon, He has some really great templates to use, like a helmet, jersey, flat billed cap and a cap with more of a side profile. Here is the link to the template I used for the cap,

http://jayjaxon.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=144#/d24x3wx

Because NY stands for "New York" (2 words).

MA is nothing more than a postal abbreviation. The team isn't "MA". At the very least, it would be "Mass". That's why UMass is "UMass" instead of "UMa".

The two letters might connect well, but in the overall identity of the team, it doesn't make much sense to emphasize a letter in the monogram that doesn't represent anything. It's just the second letter of the word.

Very good point! Touche haha Well, As I look into new fonts, I will work on some ideas for a different cap insignia and see if any work.

Well I have kinda hit a wall with my Militia logo and uniforms, I haven't taken a liking to anything I have come up with and getting a bit aggravated lol. But instead of quitting for the night, I figured I would try and get some of the creative juices flowing again by starting back at square one and come up with a totally different team layout. So far I have finished a rough layout of the new team's logo, I'm going to work on uniforms a little later on.

and No, I didn't draw the graphics in this logo, I grabbed a couple of black and white clip art images off of google to try and come up with the rough layout of the primary logo, which you will notice influences from the Cardinals and fonts similar to the Orioles and Red Sox. The team's location was picked totally at random, I overheard someone on TV talking about Battle Creek and I thought it sounded pretty good. lol

owlslogo1.png

Let me know what you think so far.

It looks good. Thanks for using my templates! I'm happy to see someone getting good use out of them!

Thanks man! and thanks for taking the time to make the templates. I love them all, especially the caps, at first glance the finished products almost look real!

I'll be sure to check out more of your work, as I have only seen your DeviantArt page so far...which I stumbled on by chance when I signed up there. I still haven't gotten a chance to add anything to my profile yet...Been really neglecting it. haha

Archived