CDSC Cruz Azul

Discrim

Cruz Azul's earliest teams were comprised of workers at Cemento Cruz Azul. As you'd expect from their name, they wear blue. I'm not in the mood to make any further ado, so here goes La Maquina.

cruzazulset.png

I figure if I can feasibly replace white with something whitish, I'll often do it. In this case, a pale blue replaces the areas that would usually be white, though it ended up a bit too blue, I was going for a more whitish blue. The crest was a rather quick creation of mine, as I simply wanted something a little different from their normal one (which is essentially the company's mark with slight modifications). The home and away shirts both use a blue cross, with a shadow variant on the first shirt, and it's more obvious on the clash. The third shirt, after a little thought, I saw an opportunity to put together Mexico's answer to Arsenal's bruised banana.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well I don't know much about soccer uniforms but I am familiar with the Mexican league so I'll just give my 2¢. For one, the black cross on the blue jersey would look better red seeing as black is not traditionally in their color scheme. I understand clash jerseys can get away with extra colors but that one doesn't say Cruz Azul to me, more like Pachuca. The rest of the set is fine as I'm accustomed to seeing some crazy thirds.

Midway.png

Thanks for the comments so far...And to clarify a few things, the cross on the home shirt isn't black, it's still blue. It'd be lighter IRL, as mentioned the home's cross is working on the same principle as the shadow stripes taht were prevalent in the 80s and 90s. And there's a good amount of crests that use colors that appear nowhere else in the uniform, the use of red here was mainly as a tie with CA's real crest.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If you want to get a few more comments you can post over on http://www.footballshirtculture.com/fantasy-kit-design/fantasy-kit-design/ you struggle to get any comments on soccer kits here.

I think the red of the logo looks out of place on the home shirt maybe be best in dark blue there, works fine on the away as it's only three colours, four is too much for the home.

I think the third is a terrific transition of what has been done by Umbro in their most recent kits and would say this is the natural progression for an Umbro Cruz Azul shirt.

Archived