Font Creator

Big A HG

I didn't know where to put this, so if the mods feel the need to move it, feel free. I figured this would be something that could help a lot of people if someone could find the answer.

I'm looking for freeware that you can upload vector images and it would turn it into a font for you. For example, let's say you make an alphabet in your graphic arts program. You'd then upload each image into the software for each specific letter, and out pops your new font.

There's something that I know of from a few years back and haven't been able to re-find it in searching. I know there are sites you can custom make a font with the little grid and a block system, but that seems tedious and time consuming in the long run and limits your abilities.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

I didn't know where to put this, so if the mods feel the need to move it, feel free. I figured this would be something that could help a lot of people if someone could find the answer.

I'm looking for freeware that you can upload vector images and it would turn it into a font for you. For example, let's say you make an alphabet in your graphic arts program. You'd then upload each image into the software for each specific letter, and out pops your new font.

There's something that I know of from a few years back and haven't been able to re-find it in searching. I know there are sites you can custom make a font with the little grid and a block system, but that seems tedious and time consuming in the long run and limits your abilities.

WWW.FONTLAB.COM

GET SCANFONT AND TYPETOOL, $99/EACH

i just used fontographer in my graphics class to design a typeface.

it's the internet. you don't have to pay for programs if you know where to look.

but i didn't tell you to do that, just a fact.

bufg.png

it's the internet. you don't have to pay for programs if you know where to look.

Haha, yes, I do know where to look, but was hoping that there was some freeware that would do close to the same thing. I guess not.

I appreciate the help.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

Haha, yes, I do know where to look, but was hoping that there was some freeware that would do close to the same thing. I guess not.

I appreciate the help.

Fontifier - $9

But I also do recall there being a free one from a few years back as well.

Archived