Other Sites for Concepts?

Whittier S

So, I'm kind of in shock that PuckDrawn has officially gone the way of the dodo.

Johnny says there are "plenty of other sites out there" but doesn't list any. PuckDrawn and this one are the only site I know. I'd like to explore other sites where people share concepts, esp ones where they hold contests. I find contests inspire me.

What are these other sites? What can you recommend? I trust my fellow designers better than Google.

Also, does anyone know what this will do with the Grand Rapids Griffins' annual contest? I guess nothing would be known yet. It's just I have a killer design in mind since like last September.

Anyway, thanks

Whittier

rATMcmK.png

Thanks for those. I don't understand how you post to them, though. I know they're blogs and not forums, but I don't see anything that tells you how to send in submissions.

rATMcmK.png

Thanks for those. I don't understand how you post to them, though. I know they're blogs and not forums, but I don't see anything that tells you how to send in submissions.

Grr, and then I see how to submit on Icethetics. I hope they have frequent contests.

Thanks again.

rATMcmK.png

Whit, definitely check out HJC. I started over there myself and so have a bunch of us hockey freaks.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

So, I've been touring around HockeyJerseyConcepts, and I guess I'm missing something. I don't see that contests are ever announced, I don't see any rules or parameters given for them, and yet they do apparently have contests. Are these contests of people just sending in whatever they feel like? Myself, I like having rules and restrictions placed on me, that's what I'm looking for in a contest. It's like how you wrote better poetry under the English teacher who actually made you learn scansion and standard stanza forms, than under the English teacher who told you to just slap down whatever you felt like onto the paper.

rATMcmK.png

So, I've been touring around HockeyJerseyConcepts, and I guess I'm missing something. I don't see that contests are ever announced, I don't see any rules or parameters given for them, and yet they do apparently have contests. Are these contests of people just sending in whatever they feel like? Myself, I like having rules and restrictions placed on me, that's what I'm looking for in a contest. It's like how you wrote better poetry under the English teacher who actually made you learn scansion and standard stanza forms, than under the English teacher who told you to just slap down whatever you felt like onto the paper.

I don't know what you missing. Right now they just finished the HJC Jersey Competition. Before that they had a WHA Competition. They have a competition about every few weeks.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I feel bad chipping in here because it's going to come across as a shameless plug. I TRY to have contests every other week. Right now we are voting on the HJC jersey. That comp will end on Apr 18. A new comp will most likely start up on April 23. Concepts are emailed into me and then posted 10-15 days after that. Hope I've been some help and I also hope that you can send some stuff in to HJC!

Plus, all concepts that are posted are eligible for the "Concept of the Week". Winners move onto the "Concept of the Month", then a quarterly vote, followed by a year end vote for Concept of the Year.

Archived