Quebec Aces

frontsfan93

Logo seems very, very outdated for a new NHL franchise. Plus, it was already used for Cornwall. The color combination doesn't do it for me, either. Perhaps black and red just to resemble the suits of a deck of cards?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I agree with what was said above about changing the color scheme. Black and red would be better. The logo itself is the main problem for me, the red font on the blue circle doesn't look that great, and overall I feel like it wouldn't fit in with the other NHL teams. I would maybe play a bit more off of the actual name, the aces, by using the actual shape of an ace, and also making it look more dynamic and clean-cut. This shows promise, but needs lots more work.

ScreenShot2012-05-28at102740PM-1.jpg

YNWA

I don't see this logo fitting in the NHL, or even the AHL/CHL. There's too much unused space on the roundel, and the cards feel more clip art-y than like a logo. I would look at something a little less literal (that translates to a better logo) if you're going to use the team name "Aces".

If they did go with the "Aces" they would most likely, and I think by Quebec law be required to, include the French version of it, as they did on the logo of the original Quebec Aces. That would fill up some of the empty space on the roundel, but I still don't think it would make a viable modern NHL logo, without some serious updating.

Quebec_aces_2.jpg

Archived