Middle Earth Procrastination Fun

mcrosby

Well, I've been ridiculously busy with school lately and have been on a semi-hiatus from my MLS project. I'll be getting back to that in full force in a week or two. Until then, I spent a bit today making this:

Picture24-1.png

I haven't really seen a 'modern' looking Middle Earth map so I thought I would take the task on. It's not anywhere near completion, but I'm pretty happy with what has happened so far. I'll be filling in a whole bunch of cities/towns soon but I felt like uploading this now. The original copy is enormous, so this is just a smaller screenshot. Once it's done I'll upload the full map somewhere on the interwebs for all to enjoy.

@ mcrosby, The Middle Earth map has a National Geographic feel to it. I didn't realize Gondor and Mordor were that close to each other! I hope you'll be adding mountains to the map in order to make the terrain pop.

@ raysox, you made a map of New Zealand?

New Zealand was where the movie was filmed, and I've heard it's basically the closest to Middle Earth as you can get

Heard? I've seen "Middle Earth" in person a few times and your statement is accurate. :)

Archived