Dunedin High School's new football helmets

CrookedThumb

In my Trademark Law class, we went over Hooters v. Wing House, about Hooters suing over the dress code of the servers (yes, they did that). My reaction was, "Pinellas County represent!"

Wow didnt hear about that lawsuit. Is there even any Hooters around there anymore? I know the one in Palm Harbor has been gone for a while. I go to Winghouse anyways because I went to school with most of the girls who work there.

I drove past the original one on Gulf to Bay a few days ago, and it seems to still be open.

In my Trademark Law class, we went over Hooters v. Wing House, about Hooters suing over the dress code of the servers (yes, they did that). My reaction was, "Pinellas County represent!"

Wow didnt hear about that lawsuit. Is there even any Hooters around there anymore? I know the one in Palm Harbor has been gone for a while. I go to Winghouse anyways because I went to school with most of the girls who work there.

I drove past the original one on Gulf to Bay a few days ago, and it seems to still be open.

They actually tore 90% of the original down and probably just finished rebuilding it maybe a month ago. Still many Hooters restaurants around.

I personally like Wing House more, but I just can't believe they were able to win a lawsuit against Hooters...there is no way you can't call that brand infringement.

They actually tore 90% of the original down and probably just finished rebuilding it maybe a month ago. Still many Hooters restaurants around.

I personally like Wing House more, but I just can't believe they were able to win a lawsuit against Hooters...there is no way you can't call that brand infringement.

Hooters argued that the dress code served to convey a certain motif to the experience of eating there. The court then said that the dress code therefore served a function. Functional things can't be trademarked/protected.

Archived