Dunedin High School's new football helmets

CrookedThumb

Dunedin, FL is known for having Scottish roots, and I guess (as the article suggests) the tartan stripe on the helmet serves to honor that history. I love the novelty of the idea, but I'm not a fan of the look.

Tampa Bay Times

photos%2Fv2%2Fimagejpeg_22.250x250.jpg

photos%2Fv2%2Fimagejpeg_21.250x250.jpg

EDIT: I just remembered their team nickname is the Falcons. They could've made the helmet a little more Falcon-y, IMO.

Dunedin, FL is known for having Scottish roots, and I guess (as the article suggests) the tartan stripe on the helmet serves to honor that history. I love the novelty of the idea, but I'm not a fan of the look.

Tampa Bay Times

photos%2Fv2%2Fimagejpeg_22.250x250.jpg

photos%2Fv2%2Fimagejpeg_21.250x250.jpg

EDIT: I just remembered their team nickname is the Falcons. They could've made the helmet a little more Falcon-y, IMO.

Well, the "D" on the helmet (and the red/white) are VERY similar to the Detroit Cougars from the 1920's NHL, who changed their name to the Detroit Falcons (but apparently changed the logo at the same time). Grasping at straws?

6625.gif

Pretty cool. Any bagpipes in the school band? These need bagpipes.

Yep! You can hear them from all over. The school uses the Tigers' cap D on baseball, so they carried it over. They did use the Falcons' logo for a while, too.

I love the idea of the helmet, but it wasn't executed right.

Also the picture used was taken by a good friend of mine's dad. Hahah

Yep! You can hear them from all over. The school uses the Tigers' cap D on baseball, so they carried it over. They did use the Falcons' logo for a while, too.

The tartan stripe should have been moved to either the jersey or pants, with a falcon returning to the helmet. Odd fact about Dunedin High School, a football grad owns a career pro football record with numbers which surpass even the great Jerry Rice. Even more remarkably, this former DHS player accomplished the feat despite playing at only 5'5, 165lbs. Hint: this is also a former Tampa Bay Buccaneer. Any takers?

The tartan stripe should have been moved to either the jersey or pants, with a falcon returning to the helmet. Odd fact about Dunedin High School, a football grad owns a career pro football record with numbers which surpass even the great Jerry Rice. Even more remarkably, this former DHS player accomplished the feat despite playing at only 5'5, 165lbs. Hint: this is also a former Tampa Bay Buccaneer. Any takers?

Pinball Clemons.

I do like that helmet though.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Pinball Clemons.

Good answer, if this was Jeopardy, I would give you a cash prize. Final question, Mike Clemons had a noteworthy teammate on that Dunedin Falcon football team who played in the same backfield, and was a number one draft choice. Who was it?

Interesting to note that same Falcon offense had a lineman who went on to play with Dallas and Denver.

The helmet would look twice as good if they'd used a gloss finish instead of matte.

Matte helmets are a poison. They must be stopped.

I disagree.

and that's okay.

I just have yet to see a matte helmet that IMO wouldn't have looked better as a nice, shiny gloss coated helmet instead. It looks extra tacky when the logos and stripes on all these matte helmets are gloss finish themselves.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pinball Clemons.

Good answer, if this was Jeopardy, I would give you a cash prize. Final question, Mike Clemons had a noteworthy teammate on that Dunedin Falcon football team who played in the same backfield, and was a number one draft choice. Who was it?

Interesting to note that same Falcon offense had a lineman who went on to play with Dallas and Denver.

I dont know about the first round pick one, but the other one is Crawford Ker, I think everyone in the county knows who he is thanks to Winghouse.

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Pinball Clemons.

I dont know about the first round pick one, but the other one is Crawford Ker, I think everyone in the county knows who he is thanks to Winghouse.

In my Trademark Law class, we went over Hooters v. Wing House, about Hooters suing over the dress code of the servers (yes, they did that). My reaction was, "Pinellas County represent!"

Pinball Clemons.

Good job on Crawford Ker, I think another offensive lineman on that team played at Florida State. The overall number one draft choice who played with Mike Clemons was Scott Hemond. Hemond was the overall number one draft choice in baseball in 1986 by the Oakland A's.

In my Trademark Law class, we went over Hooters v. Wing House, about Hooters suing over the dress code of the servers (yes, they did that). My reaction was, "Pinellas County represent!"

Wow didnt hear about that lawsuit. Is there even any Hooters around there anymore? I know the one in Palm Harbor has been gone for a while. I go to Winghouse anyways because I went to school with most of the girls who work there.

Archived