New Sarnia Sting Set

Dbroalexander

I'm sure some of you hockey fans and design enthusiasts have seen that the Sarnia Sting Hockey Club held a jersey design contest a few months ago and picked their Winner. When I found out that I had won the contest I was thrilled, one of my dreams has been to design a jersey for a well known hockey team to wear on ice. It's been about a month and a half since the contest ended and I've seen some reaction to it. Seems to be about half good and half bad, but I don't really care that people don't like it because the organization picked my jersey to win so that's all that matters to me.

Recently I came across my original .ai file with all my rough drafts of the jersey including a white and black version and decided to make a whole new set of jerseys for the team.

270924_305856929504801_1525365429_n.jpg

I've made two versions of each jersey switching between the bee logo and the beehive. So that's where I'm looking for feedback. Which set looks better, home and away bees with a black alt. with the beehive, or the opposite, or possibly a mix and match between the two.

- Closer looks -

Home Jersey 1

Home Jersey 2

Away Jersey 1

Away Jersey 2

Alternate Jersey 1

Alternate Jersey 2

Thanks Man! They want me to come out to Sarnia during the season to be recognized and to drop a ceremonial first pitch but thats almost 8 hours away and I have school and my own hockey season to deal with... but hopefully I can make it out there... I really just want the jersey

Thanks Man! They want me to come out to Sarnia during the season to be recognized and to drop a ceremonial first pitch but thats almost 8 hours away and I have school and my own hockey season to deal with... but hopefully I can make it out there... I really just want the jersey

Throw a strike through the 5-hole!

Throw a strike through the 5-hole!

ok I deserve that. I'm sitting here working on new jerseys and stuff and when I posted this MLB network was on.

These all look great, Dylan! My favorites are home 1 and away 1 and either of the alternates. Congrats again on winning. I felt exactly the same way, if I would have won. I live in Colorado and have school, hockey and other things. It would have been tough to get there but all I wanted was a jersey. I'm glad they chose yours though, it's such a good design. I look forward to seeing the real version and might even consider purchasing one!

Also, do you have an illustrator version of that template? I can't find any like it in vector.

- Justin Cox

Thanks Justin!

Me and one of my roommates were talking last night as we were playing NHL12 and he wondered if EA sports would include the new jersey because they do include the alts. for the CHL teams.

I'll send you a PM about the link

Thanks Justin!

Me and one of my roommates were talking last night as we were playing NHL12 and he wondered if EA sports would include the new jersey because they do include the alts. for the CHL teams.

Wow, I never thought of that. But that'd be awesome! If it's not in 13 yet I'm sure it will be in a future download or game.

Thanks Justin!

Wow, I never thought of that. But that'd be awesome! If it's not in 13 yet I'm sure it will be in a future download or game.

As long as they use it for another year or two lol, I wonder if they'll keep doing the fan designed jersey contest seeing as how many people actually entered. They were surprised by the amount of entrants

Thanks Justin!

I was curious about that myself. But I think yours is good enough to use as a permanent jersey

As long as they use it for another year or two lol, I wonder if they'll keep doing the fan designed jersey contest seeing as how many people actually entered. They were surprised by the amount of entrants

Archived