have u noticed...

IceCap

have u noticed that the last 3 teams in the nfl to change their unis ( bengals, bills, lions) for the most part keept their helmets and logos on them the same? this goes against the general idea that a team changes its unis for money. think about it....

if the bills changed for $ then they would have changed their logo as well. that way a fan would not only buy a new jersey but a new hat, jacket. ect...

the same can be said for the bengals. i know that they got a new logo, but they will also keep the tiger head. a fan in cincy with a tiger head hat will most likely keep it, whereas if the completly got rid of the tiger head they could make more money of the "B" because everybody with a tiger head hat, shirt, ect... would be buying one. as for detroit, all they did was add a black outline. if i were a lions fan with a hat that had the black-less logo i wouldnt buy a new hat. the logo is basically the same.

just thought id point this out.

It's more of an update that most teams want to do now. Their logos are popular as it is, I think more so they just want to keep the current look and just update it a bit. Also the Falcons while they did change their logo, it isn't completely a huge change (except in uniforms)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Winters got a point there. Everything Bills is now in navy, and I bet there's a whole lot of new black Lions stuff. The B Bengals logo will probably now be used on all apparel now.

I think most teams now maintain their identity, but sell out having new colours/logos to force fans into getting new merchaindise.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived