CDL - Concept Design League

cleiva

I'm considering making changes in the time frame for each concept, because I'm aware that you may have some trouble to manage your time.

For the league logo voting, we're using a poll, so when the bidding time ends, we're posting the poll and the voting instructions.

The concepts will be SPORTS CONCEPTS, each week we're telling you the song and the sport, and I'm thinking of giving you an specific uniform template, so all the users use the same, and everyone has the same challenge. Maybe we can make an exception and use the idea of the sports bar, for instance.

Now, right now we have 9 users, I don't see a problem with having all of them in the Major League. Nine is a nice number, it won't be that hard to run a league with that amount of users, but the league is still open, and until the bidding period ends, we can't make a decision in that matter.

Just a few questions

1. How many weeks in the season?

2. Finals?

3. Prize for the winner of each regular season/ final series? (eg. Digs etc.)

4. We are talking sports concepts yes? I so would you prefer a variety of sports?

1. Since this is the first season, we'll try to keep it kinda short, because we have to generate and keep interest in all the season, to make easier the participation of the new users and the voters.

2. I would like to have a post-season, but again, we'll define that when we have all the teams.

3. In terms of prizes, being the first season, I think it's going to be hard to have IRL prizes, but we can try and look for something.

4. Please read my last post.

I don't know if I'll have time for this in the next few months but it sounds pretty interesting. If you need another person on the judging panel I could potentially do that. Let me know.

You're more than welcome to participate in any way yo like. Are you interested in voting or helping as part of the League Committee?

If your going to have a standardized template you will need it in all different formats

Sure, I know I have to post it at least for Paint, Photoshop and in SVG format.

You say song, so are we getting the topic by a song?

Yes, sir. We post a song and its lyrics, from either the song name or some relevant element in the song you make the concept and post with a short explanation of why you went that way. That's because it will be more interesting than just saying "make a logo for X TEAM FC", gives a little more freedom, and give the rest of us the chance to see more creativity.

If your going to have a standardized template you will need it in all different formats

Sure, I know I have to post it at least for Paint, Photoshop and in SVG format.

You say song, so are we getting the topic by a song?

Yes, sir. We post a song and its lyrics, from either the song name or some relevant element in the song you make the concept and post with a short explanation of why you went that way. That's because it will be more interesting than just saying "make a logo for X TEAM FC", gives a little more freedom, and give the rest of us the chance to see more creativity.

Im not really a fan of the idea of using a standardized template lol

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

It could have its benefits, some people have a lot better templates then others which could give them an edge

Well thats pretty much a moot point... If you are going to enforce that you might have to come up with a rule because people with illustrator/other vector programs have an edge opposed to paint.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

So let me get this straight. We give them a song then they make a concept for a team related to the song. For example, let's say we give them "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne. So can they go make a logo for the Round Rock Express because it says, "Going off the rails on the crazy train!". Or do they make a whole new team up?

mcbqza.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived