CDL - Concept Design League

cleiva

If this isn't allowed, please let me now how we can fix it:

¿What's the 'CDL'?

The Concept Design League is a league where we're not having teams at all, it's a league for designers.

¿How is that going to work?

Every user participating represents himself/herself on the league, and will have to complete a request each week, and will be graded by the CCSL community. The community will have the say and will have to give their C&Cs and grade the concept with 3, 2 or 1 points. The users will be paired and matched and the one who has the best grade wins the match.

Matches

The winner of each match will be defined by the highest average grade.

EXAMPLE

First match:

[user-A] vs [user-B]

Grades:

[user-X]: 2-1

[user-Y]: 1-1

[user-Z]: 3-1

Average: 2-1

[user-A] wins 2-1 over [user-B]

PAIRINGS

Each week, each user will have to face another one to compete.

EXAMPLE

Week 1

[user-A] vs [user-B]

[user-C] vs [user-D]

[user-E] vs [user-F]

League Table

I'm posting in text, but later on we're surely going to have the league tables on images to have it clearer.

Record: Win-Draw-Lost

PF: points for

PA: points against

EXAMPLE

Record | PF | PA | User

2-0-1 | 12 | 09 | [user-A]

2-0-1 | 10 | 08 | [user-B]

1-2-0 | 08 | 07 | [user-C]

1-1-1 | 12 | 12 | [user-D]

0-1-2 | 07 | 11 | [user-E]

0-0-3 | 08 | 11 | [user-F]

TOPICS FOR EACH WEEK CONCEPTS

Now, here comes the interesting part, every season is going to have a theme, and each week there'se going to be a topic related to that theme, for every user to develop his/her concept.

First season is going to be Music-themed. The league committee will post a song, and the users will have to make a concept based on that song.

League calendar

Preseason Week 1:

Monday: the participating users will be notified with the topic for the concept from (regular season)Week 1.

Preseason Week 2:

Monday: The League Committee will release the first song to the community in order to post suggestions to the participating users.

Friday: Each user will have to send his concept for Week 1. Deadline is 23:59(CT).

Saturday: The league committee will notify the participating users about the topic for (regular season)Week 2.

Week 1:

Sunday: The League Committee will post all the concepts and the match-ups for Week 1 and will open the voting stage.

Wednesday: Voting stage for week 1 closes at 23:59(CT).

Thursday: Topic for Week 2 is released to the community for suggestions.

Friday: Each user will have to send his concept for Week 2. Deadline is 23:59(CT).

u]Saturday: The league committee will notify the participating users about the topic for Week 3.

Week 2:

Sunday: The League Committee will post all the concepts and the match-ups for Week 2 and will open the voting stage.

Wednesday: Voting stage for week 2 closes at 23:59(CT).

Thursday: Topic for Week 3 is released to the community for suggestions.

Friday: Each user will have to send his concept for Week 3. Deadline is 23:59(CT).

u]Saturday: The league committee will notify the participating users about the topic for Week 4.

Week 3:

Sunday: The League Committee will post all the concepts and the match-ups for Week 3 and will open the voting stage.

Wednesday: Voting stage for week 3 closes at 23:59(CT).

Thursday: Topic for Week 4 is released to the community for suggestions.

Friday: Each user will have to send his concept for Week 4. Deadline is 23:59(CT).

u]Saturday: The league committee will notify the participating users about the topic for Week 4.

AND SO ON...

¿How many users will be part of the league?

Depending on the amount of users trying to be part, we're going to start with a Major League of 6, 8 or 10 users and a slightly bigger AAA League.

¿How to be part of the league?

To define who is going to be part of the Major League and the AAA League, every user interested will have to post a logo for the league. A poll will be posted and the winner will have his/her concept as the league's official logo and a spot in the Major League. The rest of the Major League users will be the ones who where among the top voted in that poll, the rest will have to start in the AAA League for a later spot as a Major League expansion "team".

¿How to be part of the League Committee

Just let me now, the only requirement for this first season, is not being a participant of any of our leagues.

Nice idea. If allowed, I'd like to be part of the committee.

Great, we'll be in touch via inbox.

I like this idea. I'd like an opportunity t be in the league or even on the voting committee.

We have our first "team", then.

Welcome to the league!

Thank you both, and let's keep this going!

So nice to see you guys interested, thanks for your support to the league.

This is how we go so far in terms of names, we'll be working on the League Committee and hopefully we're going to start official info releases in a couple of days.

cdlf.jpg

Remember we have spots open on our League Committee, and we're still receiving franchise bidders.

Just a few questions

1. How many weeks in the season?

2. Finals?

3. Prize for the winner of each regular season/ final series? (eg. Digs etc.)

4. We are talking sports concepts yes? I so would you prefer a variety of sports?

For the admins and moderators; are we just going to keep this on the concept board? I was thinking maybe we could put it under its own catagory other than concepts. And as a member of the committee, how are we scoring this? Are we going to grade it 1-10, something like an A- or B+? And also, this first season is based on songs. So do the participants design a logo for a sports team that has to do with song or can they just make up there own team. Also is it all sports? Can a participant make a logo for a bar that's related to song? Do all the participants have to have the same type of logo or can one have a logo for a sports team and one of a bar?

mcbqza.jpg

I don't know if I'll have time for this in the next few months but it sounds pretty interesting. If you need another person on the judging panel I could potentially do that. Let me know.

As for having it's own board, thats a bit farfetched...I would say possibly having it pinned like other contests in the past would work fine or just leaving it as is. I think if there's enough interest and organization it won't get too messy.

I think the scheduling is a bit extreme as well, I won't be pumping out a concept a week during school. I would give 2 weeks per each design. Allows the artists time to put good work together.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived