2012 High School Football Thread

raysfan24

I know most people don't care, but hey... nice idea.

In Iowa, we have districts for all classes with the exception of the Eastern half of the state in 4A (The Western Half of the state just introduced districts this season)

You can find all about the districts and (for Western Iowa Class 4A) divisions here

Here, it's a 9 game schedule with 6 district games now instead of 7. This adds a extra non-district game (the opponent for each school for the 'bye week' is also in that same link)

My alma mater is Denison-Schleswig, who competes in District 2 of Class 3A. So far... 0-2 with a total of 6 points scored. Blanked 21-0 by Harlan (who is Denison's arch rival and just about the team everyone in this neck of the woods hates because they almost always win) and a horrible 45-6 loss to Carroll Kuemper last week (who is highly ranked in 2A)

In Ohio we have 6 divisions for football (1,2,3,4,5,6 with 1 being the largest schools and 6 being the smallest schools) and its based off of your school enrollment. In Ohio you have to finish in the top 8 of the computer rankings of your region. There are 4 regions in each divison. When you make the playoffs, you must win regional quarterfinals, then regional semifinals, then regional finals, then you go to Canton or Massilon and play for the state semi finals and then the state championship. Let's just say my school is struggling right now and leave it at that.

mcbqza.jpg

Real talk: if you're watching high school sports, but not to support your child or your classmates, you're at risk to become a child molester.

Holding fast on this one. Lol at timestamp. I was a month ahead of the bomb dropping.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Real talk: if you're watching high school sports, but not to support your child or your classmates, you're at risk to become a child molester.

Yup. There are few football boosters at my school that look kinda of creepy. The only other person I knew who took a interest in my high school's sports was our mentally handicaped equipment manager, Bobby, which happens to be the perfect name for a retarded equipment manager.

My school's football team isn't bad at all, but they're :censored:ed because our league is one of the toughest in the area (the school that usually ends up winning the league every year is a little old school called Long Beach Poly), and then our coach likes to schedule games against teams from the trinity league, which pretty much is a feeder system for USC. Guys like Matt Barkley came out of that league. There's a good chance that a few players from our opposition end up making the NFL.

Just switched from teaching middle school to high school. I went to the first home game since they had a cookout for the faculty. I hadn't been to a high school game since I was in high school. The game moves a lot slower to me than college and pro.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived