Atlanta Silverbacks Retain Name; Launch Logo Design Contest

Louis

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would've liked to see at least a small reference to the silverback gorilla in the logo.

I would have, too. Shame that such a distinctive mascot, with amazing potential, isn't included in the team logo. Maybe a secondary?

“The Silverback gorilla is at the core of who we are as a brand, so it would be inappropriate to completely push that aside. Like many brands, we’re going to have a few secondary logos, and one of those will contain an image of a gorilla.” - Boris Jerkunica, Atlanta Silverbacks FC Chairman

I would've liked to see at least a small reference to the silverback gorilla in the logo.

I would have, too. Shame that such a distinctive mascot, with amazing potential, isn't included in the team logo. Maybe a secondary?

“The Silverback gorilla is at the core of who we are as a brand, so it would be inappropriate to completely push that aside. Like many brands, we’re going to have a few secondary logos, and one of those will contain an image of a gorilla.” - Boris Jerkunica, Atlanta Silverbacks FC Chairman

Wait a second! If the gorilla is at the core of what your club stands for, then shouldn't it be on the main crest and not the secondary logo?

Archived