Discrim

This one was originally going into the NFL lone thirds thread, even though it wasn't exactly NFL. And then I decided to make the home and away. A few improvised/traced logos (the best I could find was rather small, so I spent the better part of the afternoon tracing the wings and plane). Without further ado, the remaking of a personal favorite....

barnstormersmain.png

The goggles are a bit rough, but you can't really have a Barnstormer uniform without em. Brought back the wings on the front of the yoke, and the propellors on the pants. The lack of drop shadow is the only real difference from the original home blacks...that, and the red socks. The whites, I decided to go with gold numbers trimmed in red and black, and for the hell of it threw in black pants with a red/gold propellor. Now allow me to introduce the third...

barnstormersalt.png

Yes, you're seeing right. Assymetrical Northwestern stripes. I got the idea from the endzones that were used during the late 90s, whcih were also assymetrical: one had the wings/plane logo on it and nothing else, while the other one had four 60s-style diamonds that read IOWA. Thus, one stripe has diamonds...the other has an outline of the Des Moines skyline from the logo and the biplane.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I hate that propeller pants stripe and always had. It takes it from clever ideas to just being one too many bumper stickers, because it doesn't make that much sense for a pants stripe...certainly not like the helmet goggles.

Otherwise, brilliant concept, including the outlandish third, which fits well

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Agreed. I never liked the propeller pants. They took one of the cleverest helmets in football history and then weighed the uniform down in reference overkill. The alt's shoulder striping is certainly unique. I think I can get behind it, though I'm wanting the cityscape one to be a bit less detailed in the plane, and to thicken the line of the skyline a little bit.

rATMcmK.png

I agree about the propeller. Honestly, I think plain pants might be best for this set. Traditional striping would look out of place and anything else non-traditional would probably make this too over the top.

Archived