hockeygator new logo.

hockeygator

I have been working on my new logo for a few days now, and I am at the point where I feel confident enough to present it to "the board". When I first created a logo for hockeygator, I compiled a few pieces of clipart into one, and it didn't look that bad; but it wasn't my own design. I recently had an idea, put it to paper, and then scanned it in, and made it come to life. I would like to know what you think of it. All critical remarks are welcomed, it's the only way I can get better. Thanks.

The full color image:

newhg-c.jpg

The one color image:

newhg-b.jpg

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

if you dont mind me being a bit critical... the perspective throws me off.... we have a side profile till we get to the snout then its a 3/4 at the nostril... if you were trying to make it look like he got his nose broken in a hockey fight job well done... :D... or maybe my eyes are going funny but as always great first draft and its great seeing you back...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Good to see your work again - I haven't seen much of you around the boards.

Great job!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

You guys like the old one?

oldhg.jpg

The reason I was looking to change was because I wanted something I could call my own. Don't get me wrong, I liked this design, but after reading the "Clipart Vs Art" thread, it got me thinking I should spend some time to design an original logo.

GMac - I don't mind you being critical at all. I wanted it to look like he was turning his head (just slightly) towards the viewer. I didn't want just a flat profile side view, so I made his snout and mouth more dimensional to add a little life to it.

Perhaps remove a little of the neck fat, and try adding some forehead to comply with the 3/4 profile.

Although I do still think a gator-goalie is a cool idea. Perhaps a different angle? If you don't think you can pull it off, may I recommend iDonovan? He's great at the cartoony-realistic type logos.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You guys like the old one?

The reason I was looking to change was because I wanted something I could call my own. Don't get me wrong, I liked this design, but after reading the "Clipart Vs Art" thread, it got me thinking I should spend some time to design an original logo.

how much of the old version was "clip art" or derived from another logo? i think unless it "borrows" too much from someone else's, keep what you've got.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

how much of the old version was "clip art" or derived from another logo? i think unless it "borrows" too much from someone else's, keep what you've got.

Basically when I first did the design, I was new to designing and I relied on clipart to get me started. So I took these two pieces of clipart -

old-part1.gifold-part2.gif

and merged them together and changed the colors to what I wanted. I added some elements like the shading, the eye and the background, but that was easy. So none of the logo is mine, where as the new logo is all mine, from concept to paper to computer. Nothing borrowed, everything new. That's why I feel I need to change. And maybe this isn't the design I stick with, but its the start.

I plan to try another design with a full goalie body and gator head, but it will be a while before I can get the project started. Right now I am working on fixing up the TFAQ, to update some links and clean out the old stuff.

I respect and agree with the decision to change. The old one was awesome, but upon finding out it is clipart based mostly, it just loses something. Your new logo is nice artwork, but I think it's lacking. As a personal avatar type logo, I'd like to see some of the cartoon elements back, and definatley keep the hockey feeling to it.

I am a fan of the old logo - however I see your desire to grow and make changes. Your new logo is starting out fine - just take the advise SyPhi and the others have given you and then follow your heart.

You'll do a good job - you always do. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived