NCAA Football by Lenardo

lenardo

Inspired by the National Championship, I have decided to make a college football series. Right now I only have 1 complete team set finished, but others are already in the works. I do not have any plan or order for which teams I put up next or how I will put them up. As of right now, I will just be posting up a random team when I have the time to make well made concept. Good to be back in the concepts forum!

First up, a team that has excellent logos and colors but a generic uniform, the Vanderbilt Commodores. For Vandy, I went with the, seemingly obvious, naval uniform route. The stripes on the sleeves (and socks) are inspired by the cuff area stripes of a commodores' jacket. This set also includes an underused Comodore logo at the collar (may be hard to see). Also new, a different style block font that I feel fits better with the Star-V. The gold has also been updated to a more unique, older gold. NFL style striped socks seemed to be a needed touch to finish off the set. Now, enough of the talk...here are the uniforms!vandyhomefottball.png

maehl.png

vandyawayfootball.pngvandyalt1football.pngvandyawayaltfootball.png

Sorry for the large images, but let me hear what y'all think!

Also, if anyone knows of or has an Adidas tech fit template similar to the Nike one used above (created by hugevolsfan), letting me know of it would help a great deal!

maehl.png

The user (cant remember who) who created the under armour photographic template has one on his deviant art page. I like the uniforms but you could end up having the same problem as the 49ers stripes

the 49ers stripe was intentional though

yeah, I made the obvious decision to not make an unnatural cut-off of the stripes at the cuff.

maehl.png

Nice looking uniform, I really like the sleeve and sock stripes. Also I am the guy that lancelot mentioned. Here is the techfit template.

http://dmhtfld.deviantart.com/art/Updated-Techfit-Template-240321352?q=gallery%3Admhtfld%2F9101146&qo=10

Thanks for that, I suck at remembering names haha. I didn't know you did an update, I have been using the one that cuts off at the pants

Technically, if you're going for a commodore's stripes, it should just be one thick stripe.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Technically, if you're going for a commodore's stripes, it should just be one thick stripe.

Really? Not saying you're wrong, but the reference pictures I looked at showed four small stripes more times than not.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=hp&cp=12&gs_id=z&xhr=t&q=commodore+uniform&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.dmQ&biw=1024&bih=566&wrapid=tljp1357617709265014&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=MZrrULuSO6u70AGprIDIDA

@dmhtfld thanks for the template and comments!

maehl.png

Four stripes like that is a captain's insignia.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

200px-UK-Navy-OF6.svg.png

That's a Royal Navy commodore insignia. The US Navy's insignia was (and is today, as it's used for the lower grade of rear admiral) the same thing without the loop at the top.

Finally found time to update Vandy with Commodore striping. That's the only change here. I'm thinking West Virginia or Hawaii up next. Once again, tell me what y'all think!

vandyhomefottball2.pngvandyawayfootball2.png

maehl.png

Archived