Embats - Minor League Concept

Aussie Ry

Hey guys,

So this is officially my first actual post on here, been lurking these boards for a while but never really had the time

to contribute as much as I'd like to and post any of my concepts, so here we go!

This is a little something I've been working on as a "minor league" baseball style concept.

The team is called the "Embats" and is based on a mythical bat species that ignites wildfires with a flap of it's wings.

I'd appreciate your critiques as well as suggestions on how I can give this little guy more of a "flaming" look, other than just the flame in his eyes.

The centre image "A" is my original logo, "B" & "C" have different ears, whilst "D" & "E" have different hair.

So far I'm leaning towards option "E"

Looking forward to your suggestions and comments.

ejsexl.png

I also like C, partially because it's a little fatter. I also like the ear shape of C over A or B. Nice stuff all around, although I'm not a huge fan of the hairdo of D and E.

Cheers man, the fatter "C" has probably made all the others look skinny in comparisson.

Haha, no love for the flaming pompadour!?...

I also like C, partially because it's a little fatter. I also like the ear shape of C over A or B. Nice stuff all around, although I'm not a huge fan of the hairdo of D and E.

Cheers man, the fatter "C" has probably made all the others look skinny in comparisson.

I actually like the pompadour, but the others look a bit more, uh, "monstery". Plus, I think the messy hair matches the hair on the cheeks and stuff better. The pompadour reminded me of a monster Elvis.

I actually like the pompadour, but the others look a bit more, uh, "monstery". Plus, I think the messy hair matches the hair on the cheeks and stuff better. The pompadour reminded me of a monster Elvis.

So looks like it's down to either "C" or "E"... decisions decisions...

I like them both, but never really was that keen on the ears on "C", don't know why? just one of those things where I didn't feel that I got it 100% right.

That said it seems that you guys like the "wider" face look overall?

Anyone else have any suggestions on how I can perfect the ears or the hair?... some examples would be a great help too.

Cheers Shumway!

Yeah I think it really stands out on the navy cap too, the neon outline really makes it pop.

Now just to decide on which revision I'm going to send in... "C" or "E" ...?

Maybe I'll send both in and let the Clink guys decide?...

@Brian in Boson - I combined the ears from "B" with the hair from "D" and I don't know if it really works, it feels a bit top heavy / too much going on now.

I'll post it up soon for you to have a look.

Archived