Patriot League Yakball

TShaw528

I think the whole Yakbal thing is really cool, and wanted to do my local D1 conference, the Patriot League.

(There used to be a uniform here but I deleted it so this post will be a general information thing. Just an FYI so the next few posts don't make peopole look crazy)

The PL usually has no more than 8-10 members per sport, but they do have 12 total members, so there will be 2 divisions.

Patriot League:

Liberty Division:

Army

Boston

Holy Cross

Fordham

Colgate

Navy

Freedom Division:

American (http://imgur.com/a/oPkVr)

Loyola

Bucknell

Georgetown

Lafayette (http://imgur.com/a/sF7NJ)

Lehigh

First off, Welcome to the boards! I hope that you will find everyone here is happy to help and have you aboard.

Now onto your concept. (I'll assume you're using paint)

This reminds me alot of how I used to be when I started, it looks really clip art-y. There are so many ways you can fix that. To fix the pixelation, you can always save your files as .PNG files, these come out clear and are easier to edit when you want to open them back up. The logos you can get at the motherboard, and most of them are in vector formats so you should be good there. Try eliminating white spots and the gray boxes on yakball uniforms, they look so much better if you do. Personally I don't color the armpit spots, but I have on my Yale concept. You should focus on uniforms before the fields, IMO. I like the striping designs you have made, but the home jersey should be white and the striping patterns should be the same for both.

The best advice I can give you is take your time, slow down, review, repeat. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'll be watching this topic, giving you C&C. Follow mine and other user's. Try every idea they suggest. If you do, you'll be making gold concepts.

Good luck and I can't wait to see more of the Patriot League.

spacer.png

These are still a bit sloppy, but I have relatives visiting so I just wanted to get Take 2 out for some critique.

Also, does the home team usually wear a color or do they wear white in Yakball?

White

FPTb280h.png

Black

i0LVLBFh.png

Red

Mf7lLzWh.png

The White/Black will be the main two, with the red as an alternate.

I stuck to the more modern striping for all the jerseys. I reduced the size of the Leopard and moved it up on the jerseys, so the numbers are the same size front and back. I also removed the cream color from everything but the leopard, I didn't like it on the jerseys.

All three images are huge, so I don't want to post them all and clutter up the page, especially because they're all similar.

http://imgur.com/a/CTn7u

Which Lafayette font looks best?

Just the word, front and back numbers are aligned (Seen below)

The one I've been using (Leopard on top)

The Leopard below the word

YL9yaIbh.png

Thanks! I hope it's starting to come along. I also redid the striping, not 100% sure I like the pants, though.

I really like all the striping and detail you put in your jersey, its an improvement from your first ones. On the black I would whiten the nike logo and thats about it.

Can't wait to see the American Eagles!

spacer.png

Some C&C on the American Home uniform. The stars on the pants are a bit obnoxious, but I kinda like them. The blue stripe on the blue uniform is a bit weird, I know, but it's meant to be (Obviously) American flag colored so I went with it. The blob on the collar is the AU logo, it is just shrunken pretty badly and hard to make out.

kJk830o.png

If your not having a wordmark in there do would move the monogram over to the right opposite to the Nike logo and make it larger like a crest in a soccer logo, the front numbers need to be smaller than the back numbers. You have there sets of stripes, the shoulder ones (they look really awkward and tacked on) the arm ones and the shorts, chose one and stick with it

Archived