High School Yakball

NDFreek

Hey guys,

This is actually an idea I've had for a couple weeks now. I wanted to rebrand my school, (if I ever finish getting all the pictures of uniforms I need to present it.).... Anyways, while I was doing the Ivy League's Yakball teams, I decided to have a little fun and give my high school a team.

I go to St. Rita of Cascia High School in Chicago. It's an all guys Catholic school on the south side. We're not the biggest school (around 800), but we're high for an all guys Catholic school. One of the things we embrace the most at Rita is our athletic success. We've won 2 state hockey championship in 3 years, a 5 peat (going on 6) for the Kennedy Cup (Chicago Catholic League vs East Suburban Catholic League), our football team is always a threat in the Catholic League Blue (Named one of the hardest conferences in the nation), our baseball team makes state playoffs and gets deep in them on a regular basis, and out basketball team has won 2 straight Catholic League titles, and is predicted to win state in the next 2 years.

With all that success in the 4 major sports, its safe to say the lesser known sports (soccer, tennis, track, lacrosse, rugby, swimming, water polo, and volleyball) often go un-noticed. However, I've shown my friends raysox's yakball thread and they agreed the game looks awesome.

So here we go:

THE SAINT RITA OF CASCIA MUSTANGS YAKBALL TEAM

StRitaYakball_zps1f657986.png

THE LOGOS

For the logos, I tried to keep it as traditional as possible, while making a few tweaks. At Rita we have almost 10 different logos on our spirit wear. These logos are from the Broncos, Western Michigan, and even Cal Poly. That makes me very angry, we have two great logos that are purely our own. That's why I used these two.

tumblr_lgfqtjX9gC1qcu4nl.gif

The most used logos, SMU's, the most over used Mustang logo ever.

THE JERSEYS

The jerseys I tried to keep as realistic as possible. If you never went to Catholic school, you don't know how stingy they are with money. Our football team which is constantly ranked in the top 5 in state is sponsored by NEW BALANCE. Only our track team is sponsored by Nike, but why not yakball? Since its high school I wanted the look to be simple.

chi_e_strita_sy_576.jpg

Our football team in their New Balance jerseys going up against our arch rival Mt. Carmel. A rivalry since 1908.

THE FIELD

For yakball there is a square painted on a wall for the goals. At Rita, we have a huge wall and a vacant park lot in front of it. The design is the same on both sides, it shows our football team's accomplishments, (The back faces our stadium, and can be seen from the stands.) No one really uses the parking lot, except tennis and on occasions the athletic buses will be parked there.

http://t3.gstatic.co...qZcYB3j7S8-3S7w

A view of the back of the sign, there's more space on it out front.

spacer.png

• 5 months later...

Man, stop bumping old threads. Clearly this thread is very old. If you are interested in creating things for Yakball, you can create your own threads. You can and should create new things, learn and improve with the passage of time, this is the cool part of the boards.

Archived