Rugby Union of Texas - ARU Feeder- Final Wrap

GotPixels

I was inspired by the ARU to develop a concept minor league feeder system based in Texas that reaches to the North, East and West. The Rugby Union of Texas will begin with ten franchises and expand to eighteen in 2014. It will have a championship cup series. I still have to think that through. Not sure what to call it. I'm leaning toward the obvious "Lone Star Cup".

I will reveal each team as I finish them. For now here are the introduction slates and team patches.

As always, thanks to the template makers. And thanks to nas1787 for allowing me to pitch this as a feeder to the ARU.

trlintrorev.jpg

teampatches.jpg

teampatches2.jpg

teampatches3.jpg

teampatches4.jpg

trlintrodivisionsrev.jpg

REPUBLIC DIVISION

Austin Caps

Corpus Christi Hurricanes

Los Chupacabras - El Paso RFC

Houston Atoms

San Antonio Triangles

STATE DIVISION

Albuquerque Stealth

Dallas Flying Reds

Lubbock Caprocks

New Orleans Dukes

Oklahoma City F5

2014 EXPANSION

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GotPixels you understand that Rugby Union and Rugby League are two different sports?

I suggest to eliminate confusion you use Texas Rugby Association, Texas Rugby Union or Rugby Union of Texas

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

GotPixels you understand that Rugby Union and Rugby League are two different sports?

I suggest to eliminate confusion you use Texas Rugby Association, Texas Rugby Union or Rugby Union of Texas

I admit to being a novice regarding the differences. The main reason that I chose league was the fact that a Texas Rugby Union exists. I really dig Rugby Union of Texas. I'm going to rework the logo with that.

So if this were real, a true feeder of the ARU would have to be a Union?

League sort of evolved from union and is slightly closer to american football. Btw im wondering why there aren't any teams called just RFC or United.

It's the novice in me. Which ones would you suggest that for? I'm open for suggestions.

I want to learn more about the game and this is a perfect vehicle to do so.

I admit to being a novice regarding the differences. The main reason that I chose league was the fact that a Texas Rugby Union exists. I really dig Rugby Union of Texas. I'm going to rework the logo with that.

So if this were real, a true feeder of the ARU would have to be a Union?

Definitely. Union and league are totally different.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Archived